New Note9 owner

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Wow

I have to say that I am enjoying this new note 9..really enjoying it. Heck even the curved screens and lack of removable battery isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would.

Don't get me wrong, I would still prefer to have a flat screen and removable battery and hope one day they will come back, but I can survive if they don't.

I still have some tweaking to do but nothing major.

This phone has great reception, is very loud and easy to hear from the speakers, takes excellent pictures, performance is awesome, and gets excellent battery life. Plus it's a Note..

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome , glad your liking it .
lot good people here, can learn some nice tips in this forum help you along learning your note 9. Hope to see you around.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here, got mine 1 week ago this past Sat. I'm still finding tweaks to do and tips here and there. My last Note was the 5 and have missed it, I was using an 8 Active, a very good phone but not a Note. I'm really enjoying this phone.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Same here, got mine 1 week ago this past Sat. I'm still finding tweaks to do and tips here and there. My last Note was the 5 and have missed it, I was using an 8 Active, a very good phone but not a Note. I'm really enjoying this phone.

I had an S7 Active after Samsung took away my Note 7 and before the Note 8 came out. I liked it a lot... as a matter of fact, the Note 8 battery was a let down after having the S7 Active!!! Now, the Note 9 is sweet! You should love the battery AND all the added features this NEW Note brings!

Welcome aboard to both of you (the OP too)!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome , glad your liking it .
lot good people here, can learn some nice tips in this forum help you along learning your note 9. Hope to see you around.

Is there a way you can pick and choose which app notifications show up on the AOD? For example, I don't need to know when I get a new email so wanted to turn Gmail off on the AOD screen. I think it is either all or none but figured I'd ask!

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way you can pick and choose which app notifications show up on the AOD? For example, I don't need to know when I get a new email so wanted to turn Gmail off on the AOD screen. I think it is either all or none but figured I'd ask!

Yes there is,

Settings > lockscreen > always on display > app shortcut, then pick what you want.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Individual apps you can
Just long press any app you want and tap info >notifications and badges turn off.
Edit: another way is go settings then apps click on the app >notifications and should see lock screen dont show .

Last edited:

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Individual apps you can
Just long press any app you want and tap info >notifications and badges turn off.
Edit: another way is go settings then apps click on the app >notifications and should see lock screen dont show .

Well I want to see them when u wake the screen to the lock screen. Where I don't want to see certain icon notifications are on the Always on display.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well I want to see them when u wake the screen to the lock screen. Where I don't want to see certain icon notifications are on the Always on display.

Yeah some apps in those settings you can hide on lock screen.
Otherwise you can get the notification but hide content on AOD for all apps in lock screen tap AOD hide content.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've always used Nova Prime and loaded it all my phones first thing, but this time around with the changes Samsung has done I have it stock except for a dark theme from them.

I'm curious how many other people are doing this?

I do want to change the dialer on it and eventually will but I am just used to it first.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I've always used Nova Prime and loaded it all my phones first thing, but this time around with the changes Samsung has done I have it stock except for a dark theme from them.

I'm curious how many other people are doing this?

I do want to change the dialer on it and eventually will but I am just used to it first.

i too went IMMEDIATELY to Nova Prime, then Action Launcher...but after giving the Samsung experience a try, i've been stuck! i like the fact that you can get themes that will make everything dark!

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I love the Samsung themes and I love the curved screen.

But I hope the Note's don't get any bigger or heavier. For me, this is my limit. For my hands, the best feeling phone was the 7 edge, but I like the bigger screen and of course, I want my Note.