New Note9 owner

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Welcome new Note 9 owners!! I am still obsessed with mine! I made the full on switch from apple, all in now with Google and android. Way more fun and freeing!! Didn't think I could ever break free from apple and all my apple products. Man they really sink their teeth in with that ecosystem, but I did it and I have to say it took me quite awhile switching back and forth so it feels really amazing to finally be settled. I'm probably not cured of my tech addiction in general though lol. Windows PC is next on my list!! Enjoy these Note 9's guys!!! I'm loving mine!

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Welcome new Note 9 owners!! I am still obsessed with mine! I made the full on switch from apple, all in now with Google and android. Way more fun and freeing!! Didn't think I could ever break free from apple and all my apple products. Man they really sink their teeth in with that ecosystem, but I did it and I have to say it took me quite awhile switching back and forth so it feels really amazing to finally be settled. I'm probably not cured of my tech addiction in general though lol. Windows PC is next on my list!! Enjoy these Note 9's guys!!! I'm loving mine!

Glad you're happy! I think you have inspired be enough to do it....bye Apple! I can do it I know I can haha

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I love the Samsung themes and I love the curved screen.

But I hope the Note's don't get any bigger or heavier. For me, this is my limit. For my hands, the best feeling phone was the 7 edge, but I like the bigger screen and of course, I want my Note.

I immediately saw the size and was like this phone is way too big. I have an iPhone X and got the XS Max and returned it the next day because of how heavy and cumbersome it was to hold/use. When I used the note I couldn't believe how comfortable and easy it was to use! The curved edges help tremendously and the fact that I can swipe down anywhere on my screen for my notifications is so useful. Really impressed with the device!

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site

You finally switched totally?!! congrats!

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
Welcome Note 9 New comers! i switched from iPhone back in November, and it may have been one of the best decisions I've ever made! Do yourself a favor and go thru the different topics in this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge as it pertains to this BEAST of a phone! half the stuff i know about this phone was info that i gathered from this forum. So enjoy your NOTE!

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for all of the nice replies..it's a nice community.

I had all of the Notes through 5 and then went on to other ones. I came from a LG's v20 and the v10 prior and loved both of them. The audio aspect is why I had them both..I haven't really pitted one against the other yet but eventually will get around to doing it.

One of the things that I really like is the clarity of the display. while lcds are exceptionally good there's really no comparison...if only it was perfectly flat...sigh...It takes alot of adjustment on the curves..in time I know I won't mind them..

I can say this about any comparison...I had this phone and a brand new v40 side by side and this is the one I chose to come home with me..The speakers and the display sold me on it..

I can't complain about anything on this yet and for me that's pretty amazing actually.

I hope to put it's camera through it's paces soon and for a few informal shots I have taken it looks pretty good so far..

Thanks

fiska20

Jan 18, 2019
Visit site
Amazing phone, ...but I have been using an UGREEN USB-C HDMI cable without any issues for the past 2 months and since yesterday the DeX option does not pop up anymore and I only have USB-C charge notification. No changes after rebooting. Any suggestions?? (no sure if it has anything to do with it, but note 9 stayed connected to TV via HDMI cable overnight) Thanks!

srbell67

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Welcome Note 9 New comers! i switched from iPhone back in November, and it may have been one of the best decisions I've ever made! Do yourself a favor and go thru the different topics in this forum, there is a wealth of knowledge as it pertains to this BEAST of a phone! half the stuff i know about this phone was info that i gathered from this forum. So enjoy your NOTE!

You don’t miss iMessage??

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Wow

I have to say that I am enjoying this new note 9..really enjoying it. Heck even the curved screens and lack of removable battery isn't really bothering me as much as I thought it would.

Don't get me wrong, I would still prefer to have a flat screen and removable battery and hope one day they will come back, but I can survive if they don't.

I still have some tweaking to do but nothing major.

This phone has great reception, is very loud and easy to hear from the speakers, takes excellent pictures, performance is awesome, and gets excellent battery life. Plus it's a Note..

Glad to hear your liking your new toy. Love my N9

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a Note 9 when it first released but had issues with it and they did not have any in stock to replace. A week or two later we moved and AT&T was garbage where we moved to so we switched to Verizon and I got a BOGO pixel 3 deal. The camera was amazing but it felt so limited compared to my Note 9 and S9+ previously. So I got tempted by the XS and went down that rabbit hole and sold it and went back to the Note 9 and couldn't be happier. The camera is perfect for me 95% of the time and I've learned that poor lighting requires either adding another light or accepting the results.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I've been sticking with the stock app for messaging but I prefer Textra. However stock isn't that bad and I'm about keeping core functionality if possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood