01-25-2019 08:12 AM
50 12
tools
    Yep, fixed my note 9 and sold it. Had to go through 2 note 9s that had the same exact problem. Worst Note experience EVER and I had every note since note 3. I am now using pixel 3 xl. Love it too. Will hold out until Note 10 to see if that stupid camera module design issue is gone there.

Camera on pixel 3 xl is amazing. Happy with the phone for the next few months
    What's wrong with the camera? I have a note 8 and am thinking about upgrading but waiting for s10+ before making any decisions.
    01-18-2019 07:21 PM
    What's wrong with the camera? I have a note 8 and am thinking about upgrading but waiting for s10+ before making any decisions.
    One post with 11 pages of folks complaining.

Know issue. Go here. 11 pages of people complaining.

There are other threads as well but this is the longest. I posted my struggles there with video.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ra/td-p/394487
    01-18-2019 07:36 PM
    I'm nuts! I used to have the Note 8...I've been through so many phones as I know y'all have...and I thought I was content with my 2 phones....but nooooo....I miss using the Note and Samsung pay so now I'm obsessing over either the Note 9 or waiting for the 10. I think what got me started was when I first started having call quality issues with the Pixel. Don't get me wrong...the camera is astounding with the Pixel 3xl...and overall it's a good phone but it's got some issues...I guess they all do. So anyway...sell me on the Note 9....
    I had an iPhone XR and Note 9 and I'm currently on the Pixel 3 XL, and my favorite phone of the three is the Note 9. It's the best all around device. The iPhone XR was great for battery life, but its display, single camera, and lack of 4x4 MIMO ruined it for me. The Pixel 3 XL is great. It has a great display, the cameras are amazing, and it gets monthly security updates, but it's like the iPhone of Android. It bores me. I really like the Note 9 because of the S Pen. I liked pinning my Notes on the home screen and getting access to them quickly. And if I have a thought that I'd like to remember, it's easier to pull the S Pen out and write it down than squeezing the sides of the Pixel 3 XL to bring up Google Assistant and dictating what I want on a list that can be hard to find. I may grab a Note 9 this weekend by trading in my Pixel 3 XL. I'm not sure yet.
    01-18-2019 10:09 PM
    I had an iPhone XR and Note 9 and I'm currently on the Pixel 3 XL, and my favorite phone of the three is the Note 9. It's the best all around device. The iPhone XR was great for battery life, but its display, single camera, and lack of 4x4 MIMO ruined it for me. The Pixel 3 XL is great. It has a great display, the cameras are amazing, and it gets monthly security updates, but it's like the iPhone of Android. It bores me. I really like the Note 9 because of the S Pen. I liked pinning my Notes on the home screen and getting access to them quickly. And if I have a thought that I'd like to remember, it's easier to pull the S Pen out and write it down than squeezing the sides of the Pixel 3 XL to bring up Google Assistant and dictating what I want on a list that can be hard to find. I may grab a Note 9 this weekend by trading in my Pixel 3 XL. I'm not sure yet.
    Do it
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-19-2019 07:44 PM
    I have both the Note 9 and the Pixel 3 XL at the moment. I honestly can't decide between the two. I was going to sell the Pixel but it really has grown on me. Can't say the camera is that much better on the Pixel - but Samsung ruins things with software post processing. Wished they didn't do that at least in the Pro Mode.

As I have a tightly integrated smart home environment based on Google Home Hubs (and Lenovo Smart Displays), reminders end up there anyway so the Note9 notes and reminders don't do much for me. I love the stylus for work though - we use OneNote at our school and being able to grade essays with the stylus is truly fantastic - I don't constantly have to pull out the Surface Pro anymore.
    01-20-2019 02:24 AM
    Do it
    Not yet. I pulled out my Apple Watch Series 4 and gave a sigh as I held that $525 paperweight in my hand. Now I don't know what to do. The AW Series 4 would be more useful for my lifestyle than the stylus on the Note 9, in all honesty. Maybe i should pick up another XR.
    01-20-2019 02:47 AM
    I have both the Note 9 and the Pixel 3 XL at the moment. I honestly can't decide between the two. I was going to sell the Pixel but it really has grown on me. Can't say the camera is that much better on the Pixel - but Samsung ruins things with software post processing. Wished they didn't do that at least in the Pro Mode.

As I have a tightly integrated smart home environment based on Google Home Hubs (and Lenovo Smart Displays), reminders end up there anyway so the Note9 notes and reminders don't do much for me. I love the stylus for work though - we use OneNote at our school and being able to grade essays with the stylus is truly fantastic - I don't constantly have to pull out the Surface Pro anymore.
    Well I have Google home too and there's an app for that...as you know...just put it on the Note.
    01-20-2019 03:25 AM
    After using the Note 9 the past two days the Pixel 3 XL feels like a toy lol.
    01-20-2019 03:26 AM
    Not yet. I pulled out my Apple Watch Series 4 and gave a sigh as I held that $525 paperweight in my hand. Now I don't know what to do. The AW Series 4 would be more useful for my lifestyle than the stylus on the Note 9, in all honesty. Maybe i should pick up another XR.
    Can you justify both? I have my XR for work.
    01-20-2019 03:27 AM
    Lol you're as "bad" as me....so how's the camera?
    The 3XL is the best camera of the 3 for sure. Not done any scientific tests but it just seems to nail anything that you throw at it and night sight is just witchcraft. Some will say you can get the google camera apk on other phones but I have never managed to get it working properly.

The Note is the better all round device though and even with an apple watch the iPhone is just a little boring.
    JHStewart1023 and Beansr519 like this.
    01-20-2019 07:00 AM
    You don't have to explain to me! I wear my AW4 every single day and it's the one thing I do actually love about apple, although I hate the design of it. I want a smartwatch that looks like a watch and all the Android smartwatches look like a true watch.

How do u go from a display that amazing on a note 9 to an iPhone XR LCD??? I couldn't live without the OLED display so I rather stick to my 1.5 year old X, however I do love the size of the XR, battery life and portrait mode camera.

My question to you is why haven't you sold the AW yet?!?! Can't seem to bring yourself to sell it huh?
    Manson79 likes this.
    01-20-2019 07:50 AM
    You don't have to explain to me! I wear my AW4 every single day and it's the one thing I do actually love about apple, although I hate the design of it. I want a smartwatch that looks like a watch and all the Android smartwatches look like a true watch.

How do u go from a display that amazing on a note 9 to an iPhone XR LCD??? I couldn't live without the OLED display so I rather stick to my 1.5 year old X, however I do love the size of the XR, battery life and portrait mode camera.

My question to you is why haven't you sold the AW yet?!?! Can't seem to bring yourself to sell it huh?
    I didn't sell the AW because I knew I'd be back on Apple at some point this year just because I suck at holding onto a phone for more than a few months.

As for the display, I can live with it. I actually didn't have any complaints about the XR when I had it. Everything I listed above was just nitpicking and not deal breakers.

But now I see the 512GB Note 9 is $200 off for the unlocked version at Best Buy, same price on Amazon...
    JHStewart1023 likes this.
    01-20-2019 12:39 PM
    Can you justify both? I have my XR for work.
    Yes. I will keep both if I get the XR. I don't want to give up this amazing Pixel camera.

But I don't want to hijack this thread in the Note 9 forum.
    01-20-2019 12:40 PM
    pixel 3... just saying
    01-21-2019 01:39 AM
    I have an iPhone XS which I paid 1200+ for it. After using it for three months, I switched back. I don't think anything can beat the note series, although there are lots of competition out there, I think the note just does a good job at what it was meant to do. Kills me everyday looking at my unused iPhone XS in the box. Still debating if I should sell it and recoup some money.
    01-23-2019 01:19 AM
    I just wish I could use my apple watch on my note or pixel, probably the only reason I've not sold my X's max that and hope that iOS will get more interesting with iOS 13!
    01-23-2019 03:00 AM
    Comparing a Pixel to a Note is kind of like comparing a Ford to a Lincoln, both are good, but the Note has so much more too offer.

Outside of immediate updates I don't get why people go for a Pixel, stock Android is missing so many features it's almost as bad as having an iPhone. At least from my perspective.
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-23-2019 03:08 AM
    I just wish I could use my apple watch on my note or pixel, probably the only reason I've not sold my X's max that and hope that iOS will get more interesting with iOS 13!
    My thoughts exactly. I have an X and won't upgrade because my X is in perfect condition and I won't gain enough new features to warrant the price increase. So I thought I'd go back to Android and although the note is a little too large for me, it is an awesome phone. I missed my apple watch, although I hate the design of the apple watch compared to all the cool wear os styles...Fossil watch being my most liked.

I as well an hoping for iOS 13 to gain some new big features that Android has had for years now (AOD, dark mode, better multitasking, etc). iOS 12 was a lame update so they have a lot to make up for, it's just I have no faith anymore in Apple and they continue to disappoint me.
    01-23-2019 06:50 AM
    I'm nuts! I used to have the Note 8...I've been through so many phones as I know y'all have...and I thought I was content with my 2 phones....but nooooo....I miss using the Note and Samsung pay so now I'm obsessing over either the Note 9 or waiting for the 10. I think what got me started was when I first started having call quality issues with the Pixel. Don't get me wrong...the camera is astounding with the Pixel 3xl...and overall it's a good phone but it's got some issues...I guess they all do. So anyway...sell me on the Note 9....
    It's ok you are in the company of Phone addicts. Lol.

I can't stay still. If I purchase a phone I get bored and want another one the next month but I'll be honest, in a very very long time I haven't kept the phone for this long.

And that phone is Note 9. I love everything about it. My desktop replacement with 1TB of storage.

I do have a rare case of GAS (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) the more the S10 launch is approaching. Lol
    Beansr519 likes this.
    01-23-2019 09:12 AM
    My thoughts exactly. I have an X and won't upgrade because my X is in perfect condition and I won't gain enough new features to warrant the price increase. So I thought I'd go back to Android and although the note is a little too large for me, it is an awesome phone. I missed my apple watch, although I hate the design of the apple watch compared to all the cool wear os styles...Fossil watch being my most liked.

I as well an hoping for iOS 13 to gain some new big features that Android has had for years now (AOD, dark mode, better multitasking, etc). iOS 12 was a lame update so they have a lot to make up for, it's just I have no faith anymore in Apple and they continue to disappoint me.
    I sold my Max....and got the XR for the watch. I don't have faith in Apple anymore either. Quality control has gone down the tubes.
    Beansr519 and zipro like this.
    01-23-2019 09:59 AM
    I sold my Max....and got the XR for the watch. I don't have faith in Apple anymore either. Quality control has gone down the tubes.
    Yeah I refuse to carry two devices with me just to keep a smartwatch so it's either iOS or Android for me. Still undecided!
    01-23-2019 10:31 AM
    Yeah I refuse to carry two devices with me just to keep a smartwatch so it's either iOS or Android for me. Still undecided!
    I like my Apple Watch and I use iOS for various apps that do run better on it.
    01-23-2019 10:56 AM
    These things hold me moving out of note series. I did try pixel XL and 6T but could not replace note not more than a week. I know my list is huge but I use all of them on a daily basis.
    Attached Thumbnails I have a Pixel 3 XL and iPhone XR so why do I want a Note 9?-6673.jpg  
    mike104393 likes this.
    01-23-2019 12:01 PM
    These things hold me moving out of note series. I did try pixel XL and 6T but could not replace note not more than a week. I know my list is huge but I use all of them on a daily basis.
    Love secure folder. Keeps my wife from accidently *wink* looking through group messages from my guy friends. Keeping it secure with three levels of authentication. #brocodeislifegoals
    01-24-2019 01:57 AM
    Honestly apple does not have to change much with iOS to make it more interesting imo and it is already better than android in lots of ways. Even if they just gave us more customisation and an always on display that might be enough for me
    01-25-2019 08:12 AM
50 12