I have a Pixel 3 XL and iPhone XR so why do I want a Note 9?

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I'm nuts! I used to have the Note 8...I've been through so many phones as I know y'all have...and I thought I was content with my 2 phones....but nooooo....I miss using the Note and Samsung pay so now I'm obsessing over either the Note 9 or waiting for the 10. I think what got me started was when I first started having call quality issues with the Pixel. Don't get me wrong...the camera is astounding with the Pixel 3xl...and overall it's a good phone but it's got some issues...I guess they all do. So anyway...sell me on the Note 9....

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm nuts! I used to have the Note 8...I've been through so many phones as I know y'all have...and I thought I was content with my 2 phones....but nooooo....I miss using the Note and Samsung pay so now I'm obsessing over either the Note 9 or waiting for the 10. I think what got me started was when I first started having call quality issues with the Pixel. Don't get me wrong...the camera is astounding with the Pixel 3xl...and overall it's a good phone but it's got some issues...I guess they all do. So anyway...sell me on the Note 9....
More for your money. The Swiss army knife of smartphones. Just buy it.

Last edited by a moderator:

mike104393

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
The fact that you have money to blow having two flag ship devices already, I would say why not get a third. On the plus side, you can get a note 9 fairly cheap. But it's a good phone overall, good battery life, and has enough tools to do practically anything.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
The fact that you have money to blow having two flag ship devices already, I would say why not get a third. On the plus side, you can get a note 9 fairly cheap. But it's a good phone overall, good battery life, and has enough tools to do practically anything.

My work pays for one :)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I'll give you a selling point
You dont have it !
But your itching for it:)

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Wait. In 5 weeks they'll unveil S10+

Seems like Note 10 will break the bank

Then again Note 8 with Pie might be someone's sweet spot.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Wait. In 5 weeks they'll unveil S10+

Seems like Note 10 will break the bank

Then again Note 8 with Pie might be someone's sweet spot.

Lol all these phones break the bank .
Me personally wouldn't pass up the note 9 for s10+ unless you want wait out for note 10 ...I need that bluetooth SPen :)

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

So I've been trying to steer away from iOS for two years now and always crawl back, but I think if any phone is going to get me to stay away from iOS it's the Note 9.

I've always struggled with finding that perfect Android phone, I thought it was the pixel and although it has the best camera it has a lot of other issues and things I just don't care for. Hardware is lame, the pure Android experience is just as boring as my iPhone, call quality and speaker quality isn't the greatest.

The note seems to hit everything on my wishlist, except the size. I don't want a huge phone and while it's the biggest phone out, the hardware of the curved edges makes the phone so manageable to use/hold. I tried an XS Max and hated the size/weight. The note is really comfy to hold and operate it is so impressive. Also, battery life, Samsung pay, s-pen, theme customization, AOD customization, I can go on and on! And yes, you can get a great deal on a used one now on swappa.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So I've been trying to steer away from iOS for two years now and always crawl back, but I think if any phone is going to get me to stay away from iOS it's the Note 9.

I've always struggled with finding that perfect Android phone, I thought it was the pixel and although it has the best camera it has a lot of other issues and things I just don't care for. Hardware is lame, the pure Android experience is just as boring as my iPhone, call quality and speaker quality isn't the greatest.

The note seems to hit everything on my wishlist, except the size. I don't want a huge phone and while it's the biggest phone out, the hardware of the curved edges makes the phone so manageable to use/hold. I tried an XS Max and hated the size/weight. The note is really comfy to hold and operate it is so impressive. Also, battery life, Samsung pay, s-pen, theme customization, AOD customization, I can go on and on! And yes, you can get a great deal on a used one now on swappa.

Thanks! I hear ya on the points regarding the Pixel 3 XL ...the call quality has had issues. I had reception issues with the Xs Max. Sheesh won't these manufacturers get some quality control under their belt?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks! I hear ya on the points regarding the Pixel 3 XL ...the call quality has had issues. I had reception issues with the Xs Max. Sheesh won't these manufacturers get some quality control under their belt?

It seems like the easiest part of a phone (incoming and outgoing calls) can't be perfected!

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

How is the camera? No issues?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay