Just saw a post about camera issues

dspeersrev

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I just discovered my note 9 has a bug or mechanical flaw with video. this has been a problem from early on. when taking a video and you zoom from 2 to maybe 5-6 times the phone buzzes, and yes that is caught on video. when in bright image, like snow the image can get wavy. on Samsung community this discussion, I believe, has been going on since Sept 18. the phone is a great phone, and I was told Samsung would replace it after provider checks it out. so that is where I am going today.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I just discovered my note 9 has a bug or mechanical flaw with video. this has been a problem from early on. when taking a video and you zoom from 2 to maybe 5-6 times the phone buzzes, and yes that is caught on video. when in bright image, like snow the image can get wavy. on Samsung community this discussion, I believe, has been going on since Sept 18. the phone is a great phone, and I was told Samsung would replace it after provider checks it out. so that is where I am going today.

I heard it's happening mainly in Canada. Is that where you are? Let us know what happens.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Note 9 has had serious camera issues since it's released and Samsung hasn't fixed it till just recently. It's been on every Note 9 w/snapdragon and Sony Camera. Those who say they haven't seen it haven't used their camera to the point of it happening. See this long post.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5...te9QuestionsandAnswers/thread-id/1541/page/78

I have the snapdragon version, didn't have any camera issues, but the ones that did the updates have been rolling out to address it.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have the stuttering and crashing camera issues at ATT 128G.. I finally got the update that was supposed to fix it, and so far, I still have intermittent stuttering. No camera app crash yet, but I've only had the update for 2 days now. For me, the update might have fixed some issues, but I'm still getting the stuttering issues which continues to make the camera extremely unreliable.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the stuttering and crashing camera issues at ATT 128G.. I finally got the update that was supposed to fix it, and so far, I still have intermittent stuttering. No camera app crash yet, but I've only had the update for 2 days now. For me, the update might have fixed some issues, but I'm still getting the stuttering issues which continues to make the camera extremely unreliable.

Try reboot the device and clear cache

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Note 9 camera module has serious issues when zooming and while shooting with live focus. I had to return my 1st note 9 and had to replace the camera module on my 2nd one. I sold it in December because I had enough. Here is a snap shot of threads on Samsung forums with many users like myself are extremely frustrated.

The post below that has over 11 pages is here I left my feedback to Samsung in details. Not going to repeat here. You can go there and read them. I also made a video showing the blur and buzzing sound. Shared it with Samsung support and no word except advising to go replace the camera module.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CEaATrumqMzsMzhd7Screenshot_20190118-183912.jpeg

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I have the snapdragon version, didn't have any camera issues, but the ones that did the updates have been rolling out to address it.

Like I said, every Note 9 has the issue, doesn't mean yours doesn't have it, you just haven't been able to duplicate it yet due to your kind of use.

It seems the update hasn't fixed it per the recent posts sadly.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I have Indian unit with exynos version... No issues with the camera...
But I guess a phone that is sold in millions will have defects... Just like every company in the world... Some times u are lucky sometimes not

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Like I said, every Note 9 has the issue, doesn't mean yours doesn't have it, you just haven't been able to duplicate it yet due to your kind of use.

It seems the update hasn't fixed it per the recent posts sadly.

I can agree, I Know some people that had the freezing that has stop with latest update the other poster with the buzzing and other issue don't know maybe his was defect.
When you use to have the note did you have issues with the camera?

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Note 9 camera module has serious issues when zooming and while shooting with live focus. I had to return my 1st note 9 and had to replace the camera module on my 2nd one. I sold it in December because I had enough. Here is a snap shot of threads on Samsung forums with many users like myself are extremely frustrated.

The post below that has over 11 pages is here I left my feedback to Samsung in details. Not going to repeat here. You can go there and read them. I also made a video showing the blur and buzzing sound. Shared it with Samsung support and no word except advising to go replace the camera module.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CEaATrumqMzsMzhd7View attachment 297027

Yep, many including myself got tired of Samsung ignoring the issue and sold our Note 9's.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I can agree, I Know some people that had the freezing that has stop with latest update the other poster with the buzzing and other issue don't know maybe his was defect.
When you use to have the note did you have issues with the camera?

Yep, I did and got rid of it after I saw it interfering with my vacation in Vegas when I was trying to video things. I knew it would either not get fixed, or the fix would take a long time, and as I expected it did. Loved the phone otherwise.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
I have Indian unit with exynos version... No issues with the camera...
But I guess a phone that is sold in millions will have defects... Just like every company in the world... Some times u are lucky sometimes not

As previously mentioned, its only the snapdragon processor with the Sony camera.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep, I did and got rid of it after I saw it interfering with my vacation in Vegas when I was trying to video things. I knew it would either not get fixed, or the fix would take a long time, and as I expected it did. Loved the phone otherwise.

Yeah I can understand your frustrations you had 2 issues going on battery and camera , sucks because I haven't had any those issues and it a awesome phone that some couldn't experience because of those issues.