Just saw a post about camera issues

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, every Note 9 has the issue, doesn't mean yours doesn't have it, you just haven't been able to duplicate it yet due to your kind of use.

It seems the update hasn't fixed it per the recent posts sadly.
So I haven't had any issues with my camera and had the device since launch. But you're saying I DO have an issue I just haven't experienced it yet? Which will all depend on how I use my camera? Not sure I'm buying that.

I don't think it's fair to say "every" Note 9 has the issue including those who have yet to experience it but that's only because they haven't used the camera the same way as those experiencing the problem. Just a very tough sell to me.

Whatever the capacity someone uses their camera and doesn't experience problems should not equate to they do have a problem but if they change how they were to use the camera then they will see a problem.

That's just my 2 cents.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
So I haven't had any issues with my camera and had the device since launch. But you're saying I DO have an issue I just haven't experienced it yet? Which will all depend on how I use my camera? Not sure I'm buying that.

I don't think it's fair to say "every" Note 9 has the issue including those who have yet to experience it but that's only because they haven't used the camera the same way as those experiencing the problem. Just a very tough sell to me.

Whatever the capacity someone uses their camera and doesn't experience problems should not equate to they do have a problem but if they change how they were to use the camera then they will see a problem.

That's just my 2 cents.

I understand both sides. Sometimes certain steps must be followed to replicate a problem, however that still doesn't equate to all phones have that problem. There would be a lot more uproar about it if it was true.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I understand both sides. Sometimes certain steps must be followed to replicate a problem, however that still doesn't equate to all phones have that problem.
I agree. My best guess is that 10-20% of Snapdragon Note9s have had the camera-freeze problem. That's widespread enough to count as a major product defect, but it still leaves 80-90% of the phones without the problem.

There are also people like me who have encountered the problem but only infrequently--not enough to make my camera useless as it is for some people, but enough to show me firsthand that the problem is real.

There are at least a few reports now of the camera still freezing after the ARL1 and ARL2 firmware updates, but I think it's still too soon to be sure either way.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Anyone experience that? Maybe getting the Note 9 isn't a good idea.
It's a great device when it works. I'd suggest that you buy it and use the camera extensively at the outset, so if it's broken for you, you can return it as defective within the time window where you can get a full refund. (For people who have the problem, it seems to follow them even if they replace the phone. It seems to depend in some random complex way on an interaction between the camera and the rest of your setup, but without any identifiable "rogue app" doing anything to cause it.)

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site

That's just my 2 cents.
Maybe NIZMOZ44 can inform you exactly how to reproduce the problem and test his theory?

Mathrania

Jul 3, 2017
Visit site
Me and my wife has note 9 since the October now. No camera freezing or lagging so far. I use camera pretty much, and I REPEAT NO FREEZING SO FAR....

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
It's a software fix that Samsung has been working on to resolve on the Note 9 with the SnapDragon and Sony Camera. That means all of them have it, it just not showing itself to you or others that haven't seen it.

You don't have to buy it or not, but it's the facts. Read the Samsung community thread.

That's just my 2 cents.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
Maybe NIZMOZ44 can inform you exactly how to reproduce the problem and test his theory?

All I did was put the camera in 4k, and recorded a video. It didn't happen till I was around 5-6 minutes in that it started misbehaving. It never did it on photos for me, only videos. Some people have it do it on photos.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I'll try it.
All I did was put the camera in 4k, and recorded a video. It didn't happen till I was around 5-6 minutes in that it started misbehaving. It never did it on photos for me, only videos. Some people have it do it on photos.

NIZMOZ44

Feb 3, 2018
Visit site
That was the first time it ever did it. After that, I was able to duplicate it all the time in the video mode only when I was in 4k with the highest setting. I just switched it back down to 1080 I believe it was, and it worked fine from that point forward. If I can't record in 4k which the phone was designed for, why should I be paying $1300 for it. It was the high model too.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That was the first time it ever did it. After that, I was able to duplicate it all the time in the video mode only when I was in 4k with the highest setting. I just switched it back down to 1080 I believe it was, and it worked fine from that point forward. If I can't record in 4k which the phone was designed for, why should I be paying $1300 for it. It was the high model too.

Will you get a note again 9 or next one?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Glad I don't seem to have that bug, or maybe they fixed it.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's a software fix that Samsung has been working on to resolve on the Note 9 with the SnapDragon and Sony Camera. That means all of them have it, it just not showing itself to you or others that haven't seen it.

You don't have to buy it or not, but it's the facts. Read the Samsung community thread.

Hard to to tell if all of them have it. What you say is possible. But it is also possible that one (or more batches, but NOT all) of the camera sensors have a hardware fault and Samsung is working on a software fix to work around. With some types of hardware defects, it is possible to work around with a software or driver fix.

I have had my Note 9 since September. I use the camera a lot and have not had a problem with it.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
hi all, I havent been using my camera that often, but recently around last week when I used my camera I noticed that theres a buzzing sound only when I zoom. I read about it and it seems the only way is to go to a Samsung shop to get it fixed?

is there any other way around this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad