04-05-2019 02:52 AM
48 12
tools
    Anyone experience that? Maybe getting the Note 9 isn't a good idea.
    01-18-2019 10:43 AM
    I just discovered my note 9 has a bug or mechanical flaw with video. this has been a problem from early on. when taking a video and you zoom from 2 to maybe 5-6 times the phone buzzes, and yes that is caught on video. when in bright image, like snow the image can get wavy. on Samsung community this discussion, I believe, has been going on since Sept 18. the phone is a great phone, and I was told Samsung would replace it after provider checks it out. so that is where I am going today.
    01-18-2019 11:28 AM
    Anyone experience that? Maybe getting the Note 9 isn't a good idea.
    They are pretty much fixing those issues with updates , no different from other manufacturers having issues and then correcting them
    01-18-2019 11:30 AM
    I just discovered my note 9 has a bug or mechanical flaw with video. this has been a problem from early on. when taking a video and you zoom from 2 to maybe 5-6 times the phone buzzes, and yes that is caught on video. when in bright image, like snow the image can get wavy. on Samsung community this discussion, I believe, has been going on since Sept 18. the phone is a great phone, and I was told Samsung would replace it after provider checks it out. so that is where I am going today.
    I heard it's happening mainly in Canada. Is that where you are? Let us know what happens.
    01-18-2019 11:40 AM
    I haven't had any camera issues, what issues are you asking about?
    01-18-2019 02:04 PM
    I haven't had any camera issues, what issues are you asking about?
    She's probably referring to the ones that had freezes and blurred pictures.
    01-18-2019 02:10 PM
    I've had my Note9 since 9/11 and have not had any cameras issues at all
    jimd1050 likes this.
    01-19-2019 11:05 AM
    I've had my Note9 since 9/11 and have not had any cameras issues at all
    Good to know.
    01-19-2019 11:30 AM
    Note 9 has had serious camera issues since it's released and Samsung hasn't fixed it till just recently. It's been on every Note 9 w/snapdragon and Sony Camera. Those who say they haven't seen it haven't used their camera to the point of it happening. See this long post.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...d/1541/page/78
    01-19-2019 01:29 PM
    Note 9 has had serious camera issues since it's released and Samsung hasn't fixed it till just recently. It's been on every Note 9 w/snapdragon and Sony Camera. Those who say they haven't seen it haven't used their camera to the point of it happening. See this long post.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...d/1541/page/78
    I have the snapdragon version, didn't have any camera issues, but the ones that did the updates have been rolling out to address it.
    01-19-2019 02:02 PM
    I have the stuttering and crashing camera issues at ATT 128G.. I finally got the update that was supposed to fix it, and so far, I still have intermittent stuttering. No camera app crash yet, but I've only had the update for 2 days now. For me, the update might have fixed some issues, but I'm still getting the stuttering issues which continues to make the camera extremely unreliable.
    01-19-2019 02:59 PM
    I have the stuttering and crashing camera issues at ATT 128G.. I finally got the update that was supposed to fix it, and so far, I still have intermittent stuttering. No camera app crash yet, but I've only had the update for 2 days now. For me, the update might have fixed some issues, but I'm still getting the stuttering issues which continues to make the camera extremely unreliable.
    Try reboot the device and clear cache
    01-19-2019 03:07 PM
    Note 9 camera module has serious issues when zooming and while shooting with live focus. I had to return my 1st note 9 and had to replace the camera module on my 2nd one. I sold it in December because I had enough. Here is a snap shot of threads on Samsung forums with many users like myself are extremely frustrated.

The post below that has over 11 pages is here I left my feedback to Samsung in details. Not going to repeat here. You can go there and read them. I also made a video showing the blur and buzzing sound. Shared it with Samsung support and no word except advising to go replace the camera module.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CEaATrumqMzsMzhd7Just saw a post about camera issues-screenshot_20190118-183912.jpeg
    01-19-2019 05:10 PM
    I have the snapdragon version, didn't have any camera issues, but the ones that did the updates have been rolling out to address it.
    Like I said, every Note 9 has the issue, doesn't mean yours doesn't have it, you just haven't been able to duplicate it yet due to your kind of use.

It seems the update hasn't fixed it per the recent posts sadly.
    01-19-2019 06:15 PM
    I have Indian unit with exynos version... No issues with the camera...
    But I guess a phone that is sold in millions will have defects... Just like every company in the world... Some times u are lucky sometimes not
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-19-2019 06:20 PM
    Like I said, every Note 9 has the issue, doesn't mean yours doesn't have it, you just haven't been able to duplicate it yet due to your kind of use.

I can agree, I Know some people that had the freezing that has stop with latest update the other poster with the buzzing and other issue don't know maybe his was defect.
    When you use to have the note did you have issues with the camera?
    01-19-2019 06:22 PM
    Note 9 camera module has serious issues when zooming and while shooting with live focus. I had to return my 1st note 9 and had to replace the camera module on my 2nd one. I sold it in December because I had enough. Here is a snap shot of threads on Samsung forums with many users like myself are extremely frustrated.

The post below that has over 11 pages is here I left my feedback to Samsung in details. Not going to repeat here. You can go there and read them. I also made a video showing the blur and buzzing sound. Shared it with Samsung support and no word except advising to go replace the camera module.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CEaATrumqMzsMzhd7Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190118-183912.jpeg 
Views:	47 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	297027
    Yep, many including myself got tired of Samsung ignoring the issue and sold our Note 9's.
    01-19-2019 06:24 PM
    I can agree, I Know some people that had the freezing that has stop with latest update the other poster with the buzzing and other issue don't know maybe his was defect.
    When you use to have the note did you have issues with the camera?

Yep, I did and got rid of it after I saw it interfering with my vacation in Vegas when I was trying to video things. I knew it would either not get fixed, or the fix would take a long time, and as I expected it did. Loved the phone otherwise.
    01-19-2019 06:26 PM
    I have Indian unit with exynos version... No issues with the camera...
    But I guess a phone that is sold in millions will have defects... Just like every company in the world... Some times u are lucky sometimes not
    As previously mentioned, its only the snapdragon processor with the Sony camera.
    01-19-2019 06:28 PM
    Yep, I did and got rid of it after I saw it interfering with my vacation in Vegas when I was trying to video things. I knew it would either not get fixed, or the fix would take a long time, and as I expected it did. Loved the phone otherwise.
    Yeah I can understand your frustrations you had 2 issues going on battery and camera , sucks because I haven't had any those issues and it a awesome phone that some couldn't experience because of those issues.
    01-19-2019 06:29 PM
    Try reboot the device and clear cache
    Surely you can't believe I haven't done that.
    01-19-2019 07:50 PM
    Surely you can't believe I haven't done that.
    Dont know that's why I suggest it , you didn't mention anything.
    01-19-2019 08:42 PM

So I haven't had any issues with my camera and had the device since launch. But you're saying I DO have an issue I just haven't experienced it yet? Which will all depend on how I use my camera? Not sure I'm buying that.

I don't think it's fair to say "every" Note 9 has the issue including those who have yet to experience it but that's only because they haven't used the camera the same way as those experiencing the problem. Just a very tough sell to me.

Whatever the capacity someone uses their camera and doesn't experience problems should not equate to they do have a problem but if they change how they were to use the camera then they will see a problem.

That's just my 2 cents.
    01-20-2019 08:08 AM
    So I haven't had any issues with my camera and had the device since launch. But you're saying I DO have an issue I just haven't experienced it yet? Which will all depend on how I use my camera? Not sure I'm buying that.

I don't think it's fair to say "every" Note 9 has the issue including those who have yet to experience it but that's only because they haven't used the camera the same way as those experiencing the problem. Just a very tough sell to me.

Whatever the capacity someone uses their camera and doesn't experience problems should not equate to they do have a problem but if they change how they were to use the camera then they will see a problem.

That's just my 2 cents.
    I understand both sides. Sometimes certain steps must be followed to replicate a problem, however that still doesn't equate to all phones have that problem. There would be a lot more uproar about it if it was true.
    01-20-2019 08:19 AM
    I understand both sides. Sometimes certain steps must be followed to replicate a problem, however that still doesn't equate to all phones have that problem.
    I agree. My best guess is that 10-20% of Snapdragon Note9s have had the camera-freeze problem. That's widespread enough to count as a major product defect, but it still leaves 80-90% of the phones without the problem.

There are also people like me who have encountered the problem but only infrequently--not enough to make my camera useless as it is for some people, but enough to show me firsthand that the problem is real.

There are at least a few reports now of the camera still freezing after the ARL1 and ARL2 firmware updates, but I think it's still too soon to be sure either way.
    01-20-2019 09:20 AM
48 12