what cases and screen protectors do you recommend?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the iBlason ARES case on mine. All I see while at work under florescent lights is a rainbow from the top of the screen to the bottom and what looks like an oil slick. I've contacted them about a replacement, and this one is the same. So trying a UB Pro won't be any better? I'd really rather keep a case that has a built-in screen protector.

I've got fluorescent lights in my basement office where my computer is and have never experienced that issue. The UB Pro has a significant air gap between the protector and the screen so maybe that has something to do with it? WOW! I lied! I just remembered, I changed the majority of my fixtures to LED replacements about two years ago. As I was typing, I got up and went out to the one remaining fluorescent light in the office and voila' - there was your rainbow! Damned! Sorry about that... that is REALLY strange!

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I've got fluorescent lights in my basement office where my computer is and have never experienced that issue. The UB Pro has a significant air gap between the protector and the screen so maybe that has something to do with it? WOW! I lied! I just remembered, I changed the majority of my fixtures to LED replacements about two years ago. As I was typing, I got up and went out to the one remaining fluorescent light in the office and voila' - there was your rainbow! Damned! Sorry about that... that is REALLY strange!

I guess it's no big deal, even though it is driving me nuts. Oh well, I guess I don't really have many other options.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's no big deal, even though it is driving me nuts. Oh well, I guess I don't really have many other options.
I'd love to know the explanation for the phenomenon that's happening? It has to be something to do with the frequency of the light spectrum of fluorescent bulbs interacting with something in that plastic! A definite "Ah-ha" moment, for sure!
Dunno.jpg

az3

Sep 6, 2018
Visit site
I've tried a liquid screen protector on my Note 9... no good.
I've tried several cases for my Note 9, the only 2 that are any good so far were the UAG Monarch, and the Samsung Rugged Protective Cover. You can't go wrong with either of these, especially the UAG Monarch. Both cases have a big lip on the front, so I don't think a screen protector is necessary if you are careful.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a liquid screen protector on my Note 9... no good.
I've tried several cases for my Note 9, the only 2 that are any good so far were the UAG Monarch, and the Samsung Rugged Protective Cover. You can't go wrong with either of these, especially the UAG Monarch. Both cases have a big lip on the front, so I don't think a screen protector is necessary if you are careful.

What was wrong with the liquid?

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
With the screen protector mode activated, I gotta say pretty much any tempered glass one works just fine. I'm using a Panzerglas one and a Peel back cover. The latter is pretty much fantastic. It adds absolutely zero bulk (it's almost imperceptibly thin).

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Through trial and error stumbled on this tempered glass screen protector. Full adhesive, awesome clarity and touch sensitivity, no bubbles and no lint, etc. collects around the edges like the Whitestone Dome (also doesn't hurt that it's only $11 and it looks as good without the laborious install and potential mess). https://www.amazon.com/Protector-Ad...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6447255
I use a Rhinoshield Crashguard with a back skin, great protection and no compromise with wireless charging.
Good luck, hope you like whatever you go with.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to know the explanation for the phenomenon that's happening? It has to be something to do with the frequency of the light spectrum of fluorescent bulbs interacting with something in that plastic! A definite "Ah-ha" moment, for sure!
View attachment 297025

So I didn't get an answer as to why it's happening, but I did get my money back. Now I just need another case. Ideas are welcome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol