what cases and screen protectors do you recommend?

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Unicorn Beetle Pro (iBlason or Supcase - same company) case for me... it's a bit like my Ford F-350 Super Duty but that's what I like! I've used them on 2 Note 4s, a Note 5, 2 Note 7's, a Galaxy S7 Active, a Note 8 and now my Note 9! Rugged case... I don't use the included holster however... I just carry the phone in the case, in my pocket. Also, I've always removed their screen protector and used some other glass screen protector - this time, I just left the UB Pro plastic in place and it's working fine. No sensitivity issues, no color loss or display degradation because of the air gap. For what it's worth...

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
The wife and I both have A Note 9.
We use the Whitestone Dome TGSP and the Samsung Rugged Protective Cover.
Both are performing well after two months daily use. We have experienced no lifting or spidering.
I also use the Rhinoshield Solid Suit for weekend / light duty use.
I have many cases. I posted these case reviews in another thread:

UAG Monarch - I don't like the way it feels. It's nothing like the cases UAG originally made.
Spigen clear TPU - I forget the actual name, but it's the one that's flexible. I don't like it. TPU is not my thing any longer.
Spigen Tough Armor - It is grippy and feels good in the hand, seems like it would provide decent drop protection, I just don't like the buttons. They are flush with the side of the case.
Rhinoshield Solid Suit - I use it for weekend or light duty day carry. It's a bit slippery, but is low profile and slides in and out of pocket easily. The volume buttons are a little hard to press.
Samsung Silicone Cover - It's very grippy, but because of this collects lint and hangs onto it. I would use this for light duty day carry if it weren't for lint and debris sticking to it. It's called "ocean blue" but does not match the ocean blue Note 9. It's more of a grey. Pic below.
Samsung Rugged Protective Cover - I like this case. It's very grippy and seems like it would provide good drop protection. Some folks thin it's too heavy. It is a bit heavier than other cases, but if I'm not doing a side by side comparison I get used to it. I actually measured this and the Tough Armor, on a kitchen scale and the difference was minimal, tho I don't recall the actual number. I use this case for work day carry.

Last edited:

JimmieCD

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
I use Clayco Case + Screen Protector. Low profile, no sensitivity issues, Samsung Pay works, wireless charging works. Responsive buttons, no problem removing S Pen. So far, very happy with this case/screen protector combo.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Lol but not without hubby's consent lol. I really like it so far. I might when I can...pay off the Pixel and just keep it as a camera.

Hahaha , well you have a nice hubby or your very persuasive:)
On the pixel definitely keep it for now it's also a great device. But yeah the note 9 is special I love mine .

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha , well you have a nice hubby or your very persuasive:)
On the pixel definitely keep it for now it's also a great device. But yeah the note 9 is special I love mine .

Both ...he likes technology too and he just wants me to be happy. My reasoning is this: at least I make money with these phones sometimes (gig apps)...

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Both ...he likes technology too and he just wants me to be happy. My reasoning is this: at least I make money with these phones sometimes (gig apps)...

That's great , and if your making money that's even better win win situation.
Well now I can say welcome to note family and enjoy it .

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I use pretty much the same set up on all my phones.

1. Whitestone Dome Screen Protector.
2. Rhinoshield Crashguard Bumper.
3. dBrand Black Camo or Black Dragon Back skin.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Unicorn Beetle Pro (iBlason or Supcase - same company) case for me... it's a bit like my Ford F-350 Super Duty but that's what I like! I've used them on 2 Note 4s, a Note 5, 2 Note 7's, a Galaxy S7 Active, a Note 8 and now my Note 9! Rugged case... I don't use the included holster however... I just carry the phone in the case, in my pocket. Also, I've always removed their screen protector and used some other glass screen protector - this time, I just left the UB Pro plastic in place and it's working fine. No sensitivity issues, no color loss or display degradation because of the air gap. For what it's worth...

I have the iBlason ARES case on mine. All I see while at work under florescent lights is a rainbow from the top of the screen to the bottom and what looks like an oil slick. I've contacted them about a replacement, and this one is the same. So trying a UB Pro won't be any better? I'd really rather keep a case that has a built-in screen protector.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I know I'm exchanging my Tech21. Not in love with it. I like Otterbox cases but the port cover worries me that it will ruin my charging port. Half tempted to try the Speck Presidio Grip case as well.