Hi everyone!
    I have a German Note9 (SM-N960F) from the carrier "Telekom" (German T-Mobile) with the product code DTM and I am still waiting for Android Pie to be released. Since I have seen that the S9/S9+ with the same product code still haven't got the update, I am thinking about flashing the unlocked file (ODX).

Can someone please tell me which features will be lost after I switch to the unlocked version and whether there are some risks connected to that process?

And are there some special instructions that I have to follow in ODIN when I flash a file with a different CSC?

Will I still get OTA updates after the process?

I was told that all data will be wiped during that process. Is this mandatory?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to do anything wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    01-19-2019 11:43 AM
    If you aren't sure what you are doing, I would just have patience and wait for the update.
    jimd1050 likes this.
    01-19-2019 02:29 PM
    It is a big step and one wrong move can render your phone useless! If you absolutely must have it, then XDA Developers Site has very good instructions on how to do all that you are asking.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...n9600-t3833721
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-19-2019 02:57 PM
    Your current CSC (DTM) falls under the ODX multi-CSC, so flashing an ODX firmware won't change anything. If you want faster updates, your best bet would be flashing a DBT firmware. Download the proper FW and flash it using odin. Be sure to use the regular CSC file (not HOME_CSC, as this one won't change your current CSC). Backup your data, as this process will wipe your phone.
    01-27-2019 06:03 AM
    Hi everyone!
    I have a German Note9 (SM-N960F) from the carrier "Telekom" (German T-Mobile) with the product code DTM and I am still waiting for Android Pie to be released. Since I have seen that the S9/S9+ with the same product code still haven't got the update, I am thinking about flashing the unlocked file (ODX).

Can someone please tell me which features will be lost after I switch to the unlocked version and whether there are some risks connected to that process?

And are there some special instructions that I have to follow in ODIN when I flash a file with a different CSC?

Will I still get OTA updates after the process?

I was told that all data will be wiped during that process. Is this mandatory?

I'm sorry for all the questions but I really don't want to do anything wrong.

Thanks in advance!
    What's the rush?
    01-27-2019 02:03 PM