04-04-2019 08:50 PM
50 12
tools
    S3 Frontier for MST and the all black finish. Was going to get the Galaxy Watch until I saw the two tone finish of the larger model and no MST. Decided to replace the battery in my S3 Frontier and gave it new life again.
    01-25-2019 08:42 AM
    I picked up a Galaxy 46mm Watch today for a decent deal. Not sure I'm in love with it. Seems like a significant amount of work to do most functions. Today was a crappy day at work driving forever in horrible road conditions and then dealing with know it all coworkers might have altered my mood enough to not care. lol
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    01-25-2019 08:40 PM
    my fenix5 sapphire and note9 are perfect together for my needs.
    01-26-2019 09:15 AM
    This...
    Attached Thumbnails Favorite Note companion device.-7270.jpg  
    thecomicbookandme and Trees like this.
    01-26-2019 10:21 AM
    This...
    I like how you think!!! 🙌
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    01-26-2019 10:46 AM
    So the Ticwatch pro arrived, very nice and unlike the Galaxy watch offers google pay and seemingly accurate fitness tracking. I also found some nice watch faces. The second screen is a nice feature but I find the transition quite jarring and it is also really hard to look at the second screen without triggering the main one which kind of defeats the object of it.

The issue though is that it is pretty sluggish throughout which does ruin it and as a result I am considering sending it back. If I send it back though I am not sure what the alternative is as it seems like most wear OS watches even those running 3100 are sluggish.

I do not want much from a smartwatch but I am starting to think that the apple watch is the only one that really works. The Galaxy watch was fast enough but Tizen is just too limiting app wise, payments are restricted to Samsung pay and there is no loyalty/store card support (if I have to use my phone to scan my Starbucks card then I may as well use the phone to pay!)

Ah!!!
    pizza_pablo likes this.
    01-28-2019 11:39 AM
    So the Ticwatch pro arrived, very nice and unlike the Galaxy watch offers google pay and seemingly accurate fitness tracking. I also found some nice watch faces. The second screen is a nice feature but I find the transition quite jarring and it is also really hard to look at the second screen without triggering the main one which kind of defeats the object of it.

The issue though is that it is pretty sluggish throughout which does ruin it and as a result I am considering sending it back. If I send it back though I am not sure what the alternative is as it seems like most wear OS watches even those running 3100 are sluggish.

I do not want much from a smartwatch but I am starting to think that the apple watch is the only one that really works. The Galaxy watch was fast enough but Tizen is just too limiting app wise, payments are restricted to Samsung pay and there is no loyalty/store card support (if I have to use my phone to scan my Starbucks card then I may as well use the phone to pay!)

Ah!!!
    I have a Ticwatch E and it is slow to turn on. May be a deal breaker.

My favorite smartwatch is a Samsung Gear 2 Neo running Android Wear 1.5. The best of both worlds. Android ecosystem with good hardware.
    Sadly, it is dying. Very sadly.
    01-28-2019 12:40 PM
    I love my Bluetooth galaxy watch but the two sets of cheap/discounted Spigen Bluetooth earphones are excellent too, hardly ever use my Dex dock
    01-28-2019 01:22 PM

Ah!!!
    Update:

I changed animations to 0.5x in developer settings and disabled all the mobvoi apps and it feels much better, worth trying for anybody else who has one.

Still weighing up whether to return or not. I could live with Samsung pay over Google pay on the galaxy watch but would miss other apps like stocard.

In the meantime while I ponder I am using an Apple watch , I was previously fed up with iOS and almost 100% android but I have to say with the Apple watch I am actually really enjoying the iPhone again. I'm sure it will pass!
    01-29-2019 02:06 AM
    Galaxy watch for me, works flawlessly and the apps that you can install are great.
    01-30-2019 04:16 AM
    Galaxy watch for me, works flawlessly and the apps that you can install are great.
    Is fitness tracking accurate on yours? Mine was way off in the short period I had it and Samsung support forums are full of people saying their step counting does not track properly.
    01-30-2019 11:48 AM
    Is fitness tracking accurate on yours? Mine was way off in the short period I had it and Samsung support forums are full of people saying their step counting does not track properly.
    I've never delved into it that much but when i watch it live, it does seem to keep track. Sleep patterns are recorded well too. Seems fairly accurate. But I will keep my eye on it.
    neil74 likes this.
    01-31-2019 03:23 AM
    I've never delved into it that much but when i watch it live, it does seem to keep track. Sleep patterns are recorded well too. Seems fairly accurate. But I will keep my eye on it.
    I did not test steps but I did notice calories being way off in the day or so I had mine e.g. a 1.5 mile walk burning 850 calories apparently, if only!

39 page support thread here.... https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/...ps/td-p/384843
    01-31-2019 03:55 AM
    I just got a gear s3 frontier from my sister. I called att and they told me that I could put the data plan and phone number I have attached to my tablet on to the watch. What are the benefits of doing that ? Does it make that much of a difference from me getting my notifications through using Bluetooth ? I'm seriously new to the smart way game. If my sister hadn't bought another one and gave me this I'd probably still be just contemplating buying one for 3 more years.lol
    03-26-2019 09:10 AM
    I just got a gear s3 frontier from my sister. I called att and they told me that I could put the data plan and phone number I have attached to my tablet on to the watch. What are the benefits of doing that ? Does it make that much of a difference from me getting my notifications through using Bluetooth ? I'm seriously new to the smart way game. If my sister hadn't bought another one and gave me this I'd probably still be just contemplating buying one for 3 more years.lol
    I've had the same same watch with and without LTE. I ended up turning off the LTE because I never needed it, I always had my phone with me. It will only be of use if you want to leave your phone and just use your watch, there is no difference in use if your phone is with you or within reception of the watch, about 30 ft. Hope this helps.
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    03-26-2019 09:34 AM
    I've had the same same watch with and without LTE. I ended up turning off the LTE because I never needed it, I always had my phone with me. It will only be of use if you want to leave your phone and just use your watch, there is no difference in use if your phone is with you or within reception of the watch, about 30 ft. Hope this helps.
    This does help. Thank you.
    03-26-2019 09:49 AM
    This does help. Thank you.
    You're welcome. Glad I could
    sweetypie31 likes this.
    03-26-2019 09:56 AM
    I'm using a Ticwatch Pro, which is WearOs. I had the Gear S3 Frontier for over a year. I got tired with the lack of apps, svoice, and battery life.

Aside from the bezel for navigation, I have no idea what the appeal of the Galaxy Watch is.
    03-27-2019 04:10 AM

Ah!!!
    I have a Ticwatch Pro as well. I haven't had too much sluggishness, but I am comparing it to a Gear S3 Frontier. Battery life is awesome. First smartwatch that I can actually use all day
    03-27-2019 04:15 AM
    Motiv Ring for 24/7 tracking and a real swiss mechanical watch on my wrist. Got so tired of smart watches.
    03-27-2019 08:33 AM
    I never felt the need to get a smart watch, I've been looking at them since the first release a few years ago and pondered for a week or two then forgot about it until my wife got the Gear Fit 2. She pretty much 'wore it to death' and a few weeks ago we got her the Galaxy watch and she loved it, and so did I !!!
    So I acquired her beat up Gear Fit 2 until last week when I just gave in and bought the Galaxy watch 46mm and I love it, but I can understand why some people get disappointed in all this smart tech stuff, it's not for everyone that's for sure and you should really not jump in feet first straight away, it's never going to replace a phone! that's why there are so many smart watches for sale on Facebook/Ebay etc...

Now on another note has anyone tried the Spigen 'Liquid Air' case for the Galaxy watch/Gear S3?
    03-31-2019 04:30 AM
    I've been rocking the Garmin Fenix 5X plus since I got my GN9. I came back from a iPhone X+ with the lastest gen Apple watch. I sold both back to Verizon and paid for my Note.
    03-31-2019 06:28 PM
    I never felt the need to get a smart watch, I've been looking at them since the first release a few years ago and pondered for a week or two then forgot about it until my wife got the Gear Fit 2. She pretty much 'wore it to death' and a few weeks ago we got her the Galaxy watch and she loved it, and so did I !!!
    So I acquired her beat up Gear Fit 2 until last week when I just gave in and bought the Galaxy watch 46mm and I love it, but I can understand why some people get disappointed in all this smart tech stuff, it's not for everyone that's for sure and you should really not jump in feet first straight away, it's never going to replace a phone! that's why there are so many smart watches for sale on Facebook/Ebay etc...

Now on another note has anyone tried the Spigen 'Liquid Air' case for the Galaxy watch/Gear S3?
    It's not meant to. It's meant to supplement your phone, which is something that my old Gear S3 Frontier was barely able to do. My Ticwatch Pro on the other hand, is quite capable of supplementing my phone.
    04-01-2019 02:00 PM
    I am happy with the Galaxy watch and just recently noticed that when using here maps on the phone the directions show on the watch. Sadly I wear my watch with the face on the inside of my wrist so this doesn't help me but I found it really neat it went that far.

I haven't had any qualms with the tracking activities outside of how breaks are handled when hiking (auto detect vs manually starting.) The deciding factor was the ability to answer calls. I had the S3 Classic and got rid of it for the increased battery life. Being able to host music was an added bonus, now I'm officially a Galaxy Watch convert.
    04-03-2019 05:11 PM
    I haven't ever need much from a watch love my Fitbit versa good enough for me 4 days of battery life wanted one less thing to have to charge plus use it for sleep tracking
    04-04-2019 08:50 PM
50 12