Favorite Note companion device.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
What's your go to matchup device. I've had an Apple Watch in my past life, Moto 360, Garmin Fenix 5 and now I'm looking for something to pair up with this Note 9.

I'm debating the new Garmin Instinct, Suunto Spartan or Samsung Galaxy Watch. Even debating one of the new upcoming devices. Mainly a watch for what watches do best and activity tracking. But some smart functions are welcome.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Definitely the Galaxy Watch. I've really grown accustomed to having a watch. I've had the Apple watches and a few Samsung watches. I use them for my workouts and notifications. I definitely notice if I happen to forget to put one on. That rarely happens though.

Bob31464

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I really like the look of the Fossil watch but I don't like Android Wear, I have had a couple of them. I have the Gear S3 Frontier (Tizen OS), which I really like. If you want to use Samsung Pay, then the S3 Classic or Frontier is a good choice.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I really like the look of the Fossil watch but I don't like Android Wear, I have had a couple of them. I have the Gear S3 Frontier (Tizen OS), which I really like. If you want to use Samsung Pay, then the S3 Classic or Frontier is a good choice.

To be honest I don't mind just using my phone for the few times I actually use Samsung Pay in a day. But I think I'm leaning Galaxy Watch.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What's your go to matchup device. I've had an Apple Watch in my past life, Moto 360, Garmin Fenix 5 and now I'm looking for something to pair up with this Note 9.

I'm debating the new Garmin Instinct, Suunto Spartan or Samsung Galaxy Watch. Even debating one of the new upcoming devices. Mainly a watch for what watches do best and activity tracking. But some smart functions are welcome.

BestBuy got Samsung Watch for $299 right now for 46mm version. And cheaper for smaller one.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I was thinking of picking up the Galaxy watch but there is a lot of negative posts online about the tracking for steps. I'll have to think more about it.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Currently, my work watch is a Samsung Gear 2 Neo rooted and running Android Wear 1.5.
Weekends I use A Fossil Marshal (metal band, kinda heavy) and A Fossil Explorist (the button easily activated ON GOOGLE when needing hands towards wrist. Not a big deal but kinda annoying).
I like them all.
In the mail are a Ticwatch E and a Samsung Gear Sport to try out.
I've become a smartwatch junkie, since settling on the Note 9 for the long haul.

Last edited:

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Currently, my work watch is a Samsung Gear 2 Neo rooted and running Android Wear 1.5.
Weekends I use A Fossil Marshal (metal band, kinda heavy) and A Fossil Explorist (the button easily activated ON GOOGLE when needing hands towards wrist. Not a big deal but kinda annoying).
I like them all.
In the mail are a Ticwatch E and a Samsung Gear Sport to try out.
I've become a smartwatch junkie, since settling on the Note 9 for the long haul.

Which Ticwatch the E or E2? The new ones are now available according to the article here on AC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay