What apps do you disable?

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
not that familiar with Verizon but that message+ app took up a crap ton of space on my mom's phone and didn't do anything much better than the stock sms app.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled the Verizon bloat that I could, with the exception of the MY VERIZON which I use and the VERIZON VOICEMAIL app which I could not uninstall or disable. I can't find the VERIZON MESSAGING app on any list so I must have uninstalled it.

Attachments

• 7140.jpg
    7140.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 46

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
With any new smartphone, the first apps that I Disable or Remove are Facebook and Facebook Messages...that is if the phone will allow me to do it.

I have never had a Facebook account and I don't want one, so the Facebook app and the Facebook Messages app are COMPLETELY USELESS to me.

My current Note 5 did allow allow me to Disable Facebook and Facebook Messages. I wasn't able to Uninstall either.

My Federal Govt iPhone let me remove the Facebook app, which I promptly did as soon as possible.

The HTC M9 that I had a few years ago wouldn't allow me to Disable Facebook, so every once in a while I got an annoying pop-up asking me to login to Facebook.

Also I have turned off the NFC connection, since I don't want to use either Samsung Pay nor Google Pay. I do wish that I could disable Samsung Pay, since it is useless to me, but unfortunately my Samsung Note 5 won't allow me to disable it.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
I've never had a phone where any MS app was preinstalled. Seems some carriers are though. They get paid to do so. And I use Excel and can't say it's ever been an issue, plus MS pushes updates ~weekly.

Bixby gets nuked. Same Chrome and FB, Games, 3rd party office app. VR.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mickmac