***Video Shot Entirely on the Note 9. Let me know what you all think !

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been meaning to produce something shot entirely on the Note 9 because I always believed it was a truly capable device.

https://youtu.be/G3I9QfhNkSc

Gear used:
Moment Anamorphic Lens.
DJI Osmo 2.
Voiceover audio recorded separately through the stock Samsung app. (256 kbps Highest quality)

Video related:
Shot in LOG Format using Filmic Pro App.
Applied LUT.
Edited in Premiere Pro.

Happy Tuesday !

Last edited:

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Lol. Thanks so much ! It was cold as hell though holding that Osmo. With the snow the Note 9 held up like a beast. Dropped it a bunch of times in the snow too. Lol

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm jealous. Not of the phone, the lens or any of the apps, but of their age and agility. (I'm 76 and a bit stiff.) :)

Tell them to get out there and have more fun for me.

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
I'm jealous. Not of the phone, the lens or any of the apps, but of their age and agility. (I'm 76 and a bit stiff.) :)

Tell them to get out there and have more fun for me.

I will :) I am against of the use of ipads and other gadgets. Outside and play. Make up your own games. Lol hence the walking around with sticks as if they were lumberjacks :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic. Great cinematography, nice music. I could feel the snow crunching under my feet!

Moment makes some nice stuff. I recently got the newer 58 mm telephoto for my Pixel 2 XL, and it's terrific!

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
Fantastic. Great cinematography, nice music. I could feel the snow crunching under my feet!

Moment makes some nice stuff. I recently got the newer 58 mm telephoto for my Pixel 2 XL, and it's terrific!

Thanks so much!! Do you recommend the 58mm? I'm on the fence with it ? Can you incorporate the portrait mode ? And does it give a bit of a bokeh?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much!! Do you recommend the 58mm? I'm on the fence with it ? Can you incorporate the portrait mode ? And does it give a bit of a bokeh?

It's really nice. Very little vignetting or peripheral blurriness that I can tell -- apparently a big improvement over the prior generation. I brought it on my recent trip to Taipei and Tokyo, and used it a lot (especially in the National Palace Museum in Taipei). Here's a sample -- I took the shot in Portrait Mode, but what you see here is the non-Portrait Mode version that it comes with. (The one with Portrait Mode on was almost identical.)

00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20181230123851268.jpg

Xxtoxicskittlexx

Aug 22, 2018
Visit site
It's really nice. Very little vignetting or peripheral blurriness that I can tell -- apparently a big improvement over the prior generation. I brought it on my recent trip to Taipei and Tokyo, and used it a lot (especially in the National Palace Museum in Taipei). Here's a sample -- I took the shot in Portrait Mode, but what you see here is the non-Portrait Mode version that it comes with. (The one with Portrait Mode on was almost identical.)

View attachment 297227

Wow!!! I love it!! SOLD!!! That is exactly what I wanted to see to make the decision. Wish they were cheaper though... Must cost them $15 to make these..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
LOL, they should give me a commission.:p I'm sure you can tell this from the lens that you have, but for others reading this, the build quality is fantastic -- really solid, with nice snug fit into the Moment phone case. I'm sure that's part of the high cost.

You might be able to take advantage of one of these 10% off codes: https://www.couponannie.com/stores/moment-lens?c=7802913

Cheri Medina

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
Beautiful video!!! Its very well put together & has a very warm yet still very winter feel to it. It brought to me a deep love & appreciation for life, youth, nature, and the seasons. How does it look on a large screen? I'm using my phone ( galaxy s8) and the screen is small. Keep making videos- your blessed with a talent so you can share with others ;) haha

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19