Keyboard...gboard or stock?

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
After reading this I had to give both a try. I got through about a day and a half with each before I had to give up and go back to SwiftKey. I've been on SwiftKey for as long as I can remember. I like the way the stock keyboard will update with the theme I choose but I'm just to use to SwiftKey.

I think all three have their good and bad points, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you've become accustomed to. Like was mentioned above, I sign in to my SwiftKey account and all the learned predictive text are ready to go. It's also very easy to add a custom background to match my current theme.

I feel Swiftkey is so much harder to type on. Seems like it's never predicting the right word for me and it wants to autocorrect to words I don't want. It frustrates me. Maybe if I just deep dived for a few weeks into Swiftkey I'd change my mind.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
After reading this I had to give both a try. I got through about a day and a half with each before I had to give up and go back to SwiftKey. I've been on SwiftKey for as long as I can remember. I like the way the stock keyboard will update with the theme I choose but I'm just to use to SwiftKey.

I think all three have their good and bad points, but at the end of the day it comes down to what you've become accustomed to. Like was mentioned above, I sign in to my SwiftKey account and all the learned predictive text are ready to go. It's also very easy to add a custom background to match my current theme.

SwiftKey is a very convenient keyboard app, for sure. I find that I am the opposite to what you said - I'll use SwiftKey for a time but then always switch back to Gboard. It definitely boils down to what you are comfortable with!

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Have used Smart Keyboard Pro Since Note 5 but with the Note 9, my Emojis disappeared. Took a look at the new changes (skins, adaptability, etc) added to the stock Samsung keyboard and was happy with that so stuck with it!

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Samsung needs some work on it's predictive text ...I'm on Gboard because of it.

I too switched to Gboard because of it, but lately the Gboard isn't correcting things worth a damn anymore. I don't know what happened, but if I type things as simple as "happend" it won't even suggest the correct word. Annoying as hell.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I too switched to Gboard because of it, but lately the Gboard isn't correcting things worth a damn anymore. I don't know what happened, but if I type things as simple as "happend" it won't even suggest the correct word. Annoying as hell.

I think there was a recent update for Gboard.. but mine working good right now but Samsung keyboard if I type too fast after a word it makes it's own sentence up , I just throw my hands up like seriously.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I find cursor swipe frustrating on gboard as I keep triggering the keyboard selector. Obviously pilot error on my art but annoying. I find the new Samsung slightly better in this regard and SwiftKey terrible tbh. None of them are as good as force touch on an iPhone though (shame iPhone keyboards are otherwise terrible!)

I also find with gboard that I cannot get the one handed keyboard sized how I want, one handed is too narrow and full slightly too wide, end up leaving it on full. Ironically one handed more seems to work better on a wider phone like the 3xl or iPhone X's max.

YMMV

berfles

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Here's another example of Gboard autocorrect sucking:. I typed "hanbfull" and it didn't even suggest "hand full". Really annoying.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49