Lately I've been running into issues with my phone's notifications specifically with the Facebook Messenger app.

The original issue I ran into was that the vibration pattern changed with some system/app update (from two short buzzes to one longer one) so I installed an app called Good Vibrations to customize it. This worked for about a month, but recently the vibrations stopped entirely. I reinstalled the app and the vibrations came back, but after every message vibration I get, a one-second long buzz (which feels much stronger than the short buzzes) gets tacked on after the short vibrations. If I don't have my phone on vibrate it's replaced by some basic notification sound which doesn't seem to be any I've set (and I did add a custom notification sound in the system settings and in both apps).

After messing around with the system notification settings, in-app settings and the Good Vibrations app, it seems the only options I can pick between are dealing with the long vibration or turning vibrations off entirely for Messenger. The same issue doesn't seem to occur with other apps I have set with custom vibration settings in Good Vibrations (Instagram, for example). Any ideas on where this extra vibration might be coming from and how I can block or turn it off?
    01-29-2019 05:38 PM
    My personal opinion is that it sounds to me like an issue with the Facebook Messenger app controlling the Vibration settings for that app.

If that is the case, I personally don't think there is anything you can do to change it.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    01-29-2019 09:38 PM