Do I even want to upgrade to One UI?

Wbutchart

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I've been using it for a few days. I've not encountered any issues with it. Only thing is I think my keyboard (gboard) has been resized slightly and I can't type well...thats my excuse anyway.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I've seen a lot of posts in Reddit regarding various issues after upgrading. I'm wondering if maybe it would be good to wait.

I'm on my 10th day of using Android Pie One UI. I've had no problems whatsoever (so far). I did however do a factory reset (5 days) after upgrading which is my usual practice. I really like the layout and especially Dark mode.

Last edited:

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
My only 2 issues are you have to either have the 3 screen buttons (home back recents)showing all the time instead of the old UI where they would dissapear or have them set to swipe up, maybe theres a way around this and the other thing is I can't find a setting to answer a call with tap instead of swipe, but if that's all that's wrong then I'm pretty happy.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Actually I hated the swipe up to reveal nav bar because often I would disturb the screen, causing an upward scroll at the same time. But I agree there should be the option to have it if you like it.
I've just discovered Reminders integration with Calendar. Awesome. Google Calendar has had this for a long time, but I've moved away from Google Calendar due to great Office 365 Exchange account support with S Calendar. So, I'm happy.
I also like the today's schedule option for AOD and I'm loving the one touch option to save battery and with it the ability to set brightness of AOD. Makes sense you can have it bright if it's not on as much in terms of battery.
Dark theme is cool, especially with full darkest gloss black GBoard.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
When the screen is off and if you are using the native S Calendar app, and you have set a reminder/ notification for a calendar event, you get a redesigned full screen pop up. It's only a minor thing to be honest, but it looks gorgeous in my opinion!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've seen a lot of posts in Reddit regarding various issues after upgrading. I'm wondering if maybe it would be good to wait.

I had no issue running the beta , unfortunately I downgraded to Oreo the other night can't get back in beta , which leads me to believe it's ready to roll

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I had no issue running the beta , unfortunately I downgraded to Oreo the other night can't get back in beta , which leads me to believe it's ready to roll
Weirdly, ahead of the US, I got the full update in the UK last night. But for the galaxy watch, it's the other way round and we are still waiting.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Beta program and the feedback via Community app shut down a month ago. And yes the gradually rollout now that #2 stable build.

Chrome and other apps look better and have unique builds for Pie. Better security. Screenshots tweaked nicely (but wish Save was back on bottom instead).

I have 8.1 on Note 9 and using both, and getting confused at times, prefer 9.0.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Beta program and the feedback via Community app shut down a month ago. And yes the gradually rollout now that #2 stable build.

Chrome and other apps look better and have unique builds for Pie. Better security. Screenshots tweaked nicely (but wish Save was back on bottom instead).

I have 8.1 on Note 9 and using both, and getting confused at times, prefer 9.0.

You have unlocked note 9 or Carrier?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
They probably ranked up there with Samsung tablets getting updated lol
I hear what you are saying (!) but believe me with smartwatches, they are in a whole different league. Basically it's because of the Tizen OS which they also use for TVs, etc. Too many layers, too many systems affected by changes, therefore slow to react, fix and update. And the global/ national rollout is totally uncoordinated. They have messed up big time with the Galaxy Watch, they should never have released it until it was tested properly. The device itself is sound, but riddled with bugs which it will take time to eliminate because of the above.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I hear what you are saying (!) but believe me with smartwatches, they are in a whole different league. Basically it's because of the Tizen OS which they also use for TVs, etc. Too many layers, too many systems affected by changes, therefore slow to react, fix and update. And the global/ national rollout is totally uncoordinated. They have messed up big time with the Galaxy Watch, they should never have released it until it was tested properly. The device itself is sound, but riddled with bugs which it will take time to eliminate because of the above.

They still using tizen.. OMG
That's the problem lol

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
And yet, because Note 9 isn't Tizen, it's been pure perfection from day one. A beautiful mix of software and hardware
Unbelievable that it's the same company!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781