You all probably can't help me but I'm going to ask anyway . Does anyone here use Tweetcaster for their Twitter app? If so are you getting your notifications from the app and is the notification badge showing? Before moving to the note 9 from the s8 + I was able to set the app to notify my of new tweets and of new mentions in the navigation bar . It's not working on my note and my notification badge isn't even showing. I have the notifications set correctly from my phone settings. Telsa is correct for the badges. Already wiped the cache and I tried three other Twitter apps and it's the same. I'm just trying to see if anyone else had this issue and how did they fix it if they did. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-30-2019 03:53 AM
    No notifications. No update since Oct.
    I'm using TweetCaster Pro alongside Twitter.
    01-30-2019 04:30 AM
    No notifications. No update since Oct.
    I'm using TweetCaster Pro alongside Twitter.
    Are you getting notifications with the regular Twitter app ? I'm not with that one either. I have also tried ubersocial, tweetings, and plume.
    01-30-2019 05:02 AM
    I had the same problem and contacted one louder about it. they sent me the following things that had to be set in the app.

OneLouder Apps <onelouderapps@gmail.com>

Thu, Nov 15, 2018, 10:55 AM

to me
    As of their August 16 update, Twitter no longer provides a feed for background notifications for 3rd party developers, so notifications are only received occasionally. If you're not receiving any notifications, have you checked both battery locations to see if TweetCaster is being optimized by power saving (preventing background updates)?

Device Settings --> Apps --> TweetCaster --> Battery --> if it says "optimizing battery usage,tap there, select all apps, then turn optimization off for TweetCaster

Device Settings --> Battery --> Battery --> App Power Monitor --> Check if TC is optimized and remove if so. The power saving settings can kill the background updates (the reason this particular issue wasn't an issue before the update is the lower target SDK of the previous version).

Also, after all that, you need to change the notification sound from the app settings in the phone and not the notification setting in the app. After I did all of the above, it is giving me all my notifications.

Hope that helps.
    EgretOwl2 likes this.
    01-30-2019 03:23 PM