Edge panel issue

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Just noticed this when selecting the quick tools edge panel. It always says 'preparing'
Does anyone else do this?
I never tried it under Android Oreo so cant comment if it's just a One UI/Android Pie issue.

SmartSelect_20190202-161208_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
No, it won't open any of them. I have found someone with the same issue on XDA forums but short of a Factory reset, no joy.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I've done all that, from closing the app to wiping cache, it must be some setting somewhere or app.
I probably won't use that edge panel much anyway so I don't think I'll be doing a FR anytime soon unless other things start to go weird, its just the fact that it's not working that's all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah I've done all that, from closing the app to wiping cache, it must be some setting somewhere or app.
I probably won't use that edge panel much anyway so I don't think I'll be doing a FR anytime soon unless other things start to go weird, its just the fact that it's not working that's all.

I hear you ..if I find anything let you know.

I'm having issue with button for silent only goes vibrate not silent .

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
With volume control with buttons it go to vibrate not silent

I just checked mine Mustang and it works - if you're talking about the button in the settings pull-down at the top. I tap it once and it goes to "Vibrate" - I tap it again, it goes to "Silent" - I tap it a third time and it comes back to "Sound"! (that's with the new AT&T Pie update as well)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I just checked mine Mustang and it works - if you're talking about the button in the settings pull-down at the top. I tap it once and it goes to "Vibrate" - I tap it again, it goes to "Silent" - I tap it a third time and it comes back to "Sound"! (that's with the new AT&T Pie update as well)

No I'm talking about the volume button control wont go into silent just vibrate , toggle works in notifications panel

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Was it like this on oreo Att?

I truly don't remember if any of my phones ever went silent from the volume button, now that you ask. If I thought that my Galaxy S7 Active might still have any semblance of a charge left in it, I'd pull it out of the box and try it. That was prior to my Note 8 however, so it's been boxed for a very long time and I think it was still running Nougat when I shut it down.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I truly don't remember if any of my phones ever went silent from the volume button, now that you ask. If I thought that my Galaxy S7 Active might still have any semblance of a charge left in it, I'd pull it out of the box and try it. That was prior to my Note 8 however, so it's been boxed for a very long time and I think it was still running Nougat when I shut it down.

I see.. on tmobile and unlocked firmware it did .

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had this issue occur with mine. I'm currently on the standard Oreo with my Sprint Note 9. Have you checked for any updates with your phone 4 the system possibly for apps as well? There are like system apps and also the Google Play apps. Have you had any other issues with it besides the edge panel.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I haven't had this issue occur with mine. I'm currently on the standard Oreo with my Sprint Note 9. Have you checked for any updates with your phone 4 the system possibly for apps as well? There are like system apps and also the Google Play apps. Have you had any other issues with it besides the edge panel.

Never had any issues with the phone or apps and not sure it worked on Oreo because I never tried it. Always keeping Samsung apps, Google apps up to date, but still I'm not that bothered I just wanted to see if others had an issue with this as I saw another post on XDA with the same issue.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/help/quick-tools-compass-t3884192#post78816216

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo