Verizon- pie update?

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My AOD setting had changed from ALWAYS ON to TAP TO SHOW. I thought something was broke as well but changing it back to ALWAYS ON fixed it.
When I went in there to take the screen shot mine was sent to scheduled and I'm positive I had it set for always. Wondering why it would change like that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
1. CSAAA update is the official version by Samsung....
6. Verizon wireless, at&t wireless, sprint, tmobile all use the same version of pie CSAAA which is a universal version....

Could you explain what CSAAA is and how it's different than traditional carrier version updates? I tried searching for it online, but all the results were about some auto insurance company or other auto related stuff.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Could you explain what CSAAA is and how it's different than traditional carrier version updates? I tried searching for it online, but all the results were about some auto insurance company or other auto related stuff.

It's the last 4 of build number and tells you your on pie

Attachments

• 1258.jpg
    1258.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 146

medic22003

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
Don't seem to be having any issues since the Ota update I got from Verizon last night. I haven't really looked around to see if any features are new aside from the app closing. was already doing that with good lock. so it's really nothing new was a great feature on bb10 that I missed badly before the goodlock app. I do like the recently used apps that popup. Kinda makes a repeat usage handy

Neal Smith

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I followed the above mentioned procedure. It was smooth and painless if you follow the instructions. I've been on Pie since last night. No issues. Just went exploring trying to learn some of the new changes. My phone has no issues. By the way I'm on Verizon. It took about 10 minutes.

Mines still good no issues.... and can't seem to stop staring at the logo screen lol

Attachments

• 2157.jpg
    2157.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 148

kashabrown

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Now that I've had it a few days, the battery has rounded into shape. Phone is definitely faster - I like the new update! Thanks again to Mustang and Ice for all of your help!! Super job guys!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
can someone please tag me with the directions on how to do the side update...I'm tired of waiting. thank you

Go Samsung firmware science
Type in device note 9
Look for file AKL1 December click on it then look for file CSAA FILE February date download it and copy to your sd card make sure sd card not encrypted and restart phone before it boots back up hold at the same time Bixby,volume up,power button then release after screen pops up in little menu scroll to sd card update select the file in it CSAA and wait 15 to 20 minutes you be on pie.

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Go Samsung firmware science
Type in device note 9
Look for file AKL1 December click on it then look for file CSAA FILE February date download it and copy to your sd card make sure sd card not encrypted and restart phone before it boots back up hold at the same time Bixby,volume up,power button then release after screen pops up in little menu scroll to sd card update select the file in it CSAA and wait 15 to 20 minutes you be on pie.

Thank you

jleemess

May 9, 2012
Visit site
No problem , just make sure your on December security which is AKL1 ,can find that information in settings about phone software info look at last 4 build numbers and scroll at bottom says December .

Okay I rename the file on the SD card I went into the reboot and it asked me which package to install I originally chose update from SD card but the next question is which package to install I don't know what to do next

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay I rename the file on the SD card I went into the reboot and it asked me which package to install I originally chose update from SD card but the next question is which package to install I don't know what to do next

Click on that package u rename it will start downloading

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

How did you make out?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay