Verizon- pie update?

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Verizon did support it and I'm sure they still do yet I can't find it in the settings menu anywhere I do have a notification that asks me to "tap here to confirm or update emergency location blah, blah, blah... I do that and after a bit it says "Unable to perform requested operation at this time. Please try again later." It's definitely not in the drop down notification panel. Besides that everything else seems to work. :confused:
Open the Samsung Phone app, open settings, turn on WiFi calling.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I didn't think to check there... it's there but it's still not validating my emergency address. I've had this issue before and had to do a factory data wipe and make sure the first thing I activate is WiFi calling. This sucks! :(
What happens when you turn it on, and then select "Update Current Emergency Address"?

Last edited:

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
What happens when you turn it on, and then select "Updated Current Emergency Address"?

I get the spinning wheel that says "Loading, this may take a few moments..." then it craps out and I get "Unable to perform requested operation at this time. Please try again later." Also worth noting that it worked flawlessly before doing the SD card update. So something with the update upset the turnip cart.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I get the spinning wheel that says "Loading, this may take a few moments..." then it craps out and I get "Unable to perform requested operation at this time. Please try again later." Also worth noting that it worked flawlessly before doing the SD card update. So something with the update upset the turnip cart.

Try booting into recovery and wiping the system cache.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

You have a prepaid card Verizon or Verizon card?

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
No...try maybe restart phone and enable the wifi calling again

I've restarted once already, I'll try again. Also I have the option to turn on WiFi Calling, it's just when I either click the slider to turn it on I get "Loading, this may take a few moments..." then it craps out and I get "Unable to perform requested operation at this time. Please try again later."

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I've restarted once already, I'll try again. Also I have the option to turn on WiFi Calling, it's just when I either click the slider to turn it on I get "Loading, this may take a few moments..." then it craps out and I get "Unable to perform requested operation at this time. Please try again later."

Long press the dialer app then tap info , from there clear cache , force stop it then check again the enabling wifi calling.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Did the restart with no luck, force stopped the phone app as well as clearing the cache, still no luck. Keep ending up with this error
b77a93d7177fbb3195986c9102dfec48.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Nah, I just need to factory reset and make sure that the first thing I do is turn on the WiFi calling feature. Or I might try at my gym in the morning, when I'm off my wifi.

You can try factory reset , but I don't think it will help hope I'm wrong .
Otherwise try resetting APN in settings and then connections or even take the sim out and put it back in