Verizon- pie update?

justme0485

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
Has anyone with Verizon service gotten the pie update? I just spoke with a Verizon Rep and was informed that the update is in process of being rolled out. Apparently they roll them out by IMEI numbers in batches.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for that! The full wipe is a deal breaker for me. Guess I'll continue the waiting game. I feel like it should drop any day now!

My phone did restore from its last backup and the only thing I lost was my Nova launcher settings which wasn't a big deal. Just make sure in settings you have your phone set to backup.

athomas917

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Not sure about the Note 9 update but it is out for the Verizon S9 since I updated my parents phone a few days ago.

tjubb

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
all your app logins were restored? That's the biggest pain I remember after doing a full wipe. Maybe backups now capture login data?

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
I loaded this yesterday without a full wipe, no issues. Loaded zip on sd card and rebooted using the volume up, bixby key, and power button, then selected update from SD card. Took about 10-15 minutes.

Very simple and works great.
I couldn't wait anymore so updated myself using this thread at XDA. It's easy just download the file and flash from your sdcard, only issue is your required to do a full wipe.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-9/how-to/n960usqu1csaa-official-ota-update-pie-t3895831

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
all your app logins were restored? That's the biggest pain I remember after doing a full wipe. Maybe backups now capture login data?

Not my logins, I did have to sign back into almost everything. My call logs and text messages were all restored and looking through my app drawer most are backed up to the cloud. I do have a app for my check book and scuba diving log that I backed up on my sdcard however after opening those app's they had all the data restored, probably because the data was already stored on sdcard which wasn't wiped.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
My phone did restore from its last backup and the only thing I lost was my Nova launcher settings which wasn't a big deal. Just make sure in settings you have your phone set to backup.

It's very easy to backup and restore your Nova setup.
To me, that's more work than logging into apps. After setup, I log into the main apps I use, but after that, I just log in when I go to use it the first time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc