mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Not official from Verizon yet.

Why because he got it early before Verizon pushed it out lol

You go phone status its official
You go play store device certified
The only thing he didn't wait for their roll out .

He can wait to go when they release it but they can't say absolutely nothing its official what Samsung delivered to all carriers

Edit : Knox is not tripped either

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
Why because he got it early before Verizon pushed it out lol

You go phone status its official
You go play store device certified
The only thing he didn't wait for their roll out .

He can wait to go when they release it but they can't say absolutely nothing its official what Samsung delivered to all carriers

Edit : Knox is not tripped either
Also, it's my phone...I don't owe Verizon a dime for it, bought it outright so what can they say?

Iceystreeeet

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Confirmed with my Verizon connection March 1st is the official release date of this update on Verizon network. They will be sending IMEI pushes in batches. Just as I expected. The first batch will hit midnight on March 1st 2019. Please beware there are no changes to the version Verizon will be sending. Update now and safe yourself a headache.

I have been in XDA with a few Samsung buds and we are hammering out that the new update introduced over 5000 new code lines and has some stuff not ready however it seems we will see an update again in April for the 9.1 at best.

I'll keep you all informed as best as I can.

XDA dev
Icey

wilsodw

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Not sure I like the fact that all lines of code are not ready and the fix is 9.1 in April. Might post pone as long as I can. Would of thought the N96OU would of been worked out by now.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
You can try factory reset , but I don't think it will help hope I'm wrong .
Otherwise try resetting APN in settings and then connections or even take the sim out and put it back in

So here's an update. I did a little digging this morning and found a comment on the Verizon community forum. The first thing I usually do after getting my new Android devices is (1) activating WiFi Calling and (2) disabling the apps bundled in that I don't won't, including all of the Verizon apps except for My Verizon and Voicemail. It seems that after the update because I had "My Verizon Services" disabled it would not allow me to re-activate WiFi calling. So the solution was to enable "My Verizon Services", restart the device, and go to the phone app, settings, WiFi Calling and viola it re-activated. Now I can disable those Verizon apps again. :D

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So here's an update. I did a little digging this morning and found a comment on the Verizon community forum. The first thing I usually do after getting my new Android devices is (1) activating WiFi Calling and (2) disabling the apps bundled in that I don't won't, including all of the Verizon apps except for My Verizon and Voicemail. It seems that after the update because I had "My Verizon Services" disabled it would not allow me to re-activate WiFi calling. So the solution was to enable "My Verizon Services", restart the device, and go to the phone app, settings, WiFi Calling and viola it re-activated. Now I can disable those Verizon apps again. :D

That's really good news that was the problem, knowing this now your going help other Verizon people with this issue.
Glad you got it figured out .

sygnus21

Aug 19, 2018
Visit site

OK, I must be missing something cause I certainly don't have "WiFi" Calling on my Verizon Note 9. I'm in the US. And no, I've not updated to PIE yet (awaiting official release as I'm in no hurry here).

TheGuyUpNorth

Feb 20, 2019
Visit site
I took the leap and applied the official update to my phone via sideload. Love the update, but soon realized a flaw that is apparently on Samsung and not the carriers. It seems that the CSAA version for the US variant causes the compass to be off by 90 degrees. Does not seem to affect navigation, but doe cause wonky positioning on maps. Have also seen that it does not play well with those who use for drone operation. Samsung acknowledges this across their community, and it seems there will be a service patch with no official ETA.

bassjo

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
OK, I must be missing something cause I certainly don't have "WiFi" Calling on my Verizon Note 9. I'm in the US. And no, I've not updated to PIE yet (awaiting official release as I'm in no hurry here).
In the none Pie version, go to settings, connections, advanced calling, WiFi Calling... Of course HD Voice and Video need to be on as well.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon Note 9 Pie rolling out now

A staff member of mine received it last night. I had him show me his "About" page to prove it and, sure enough, it says Android 9.

I side loaded it on my phone yesterday. Maybe I should have just waited one more day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC