Verizon- pie update?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
First, I didn't physically connect it with a wire. Is that OK?

I didn't try that command. However, the first step I tried did tell me it was connected.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
First, I didn't physically connect it with a wire. Is that OK?

I didn't try that command. However, the first step I tried did tell me it was connected.

I would try this wired and probably the watch has to go into recovery mode ,is that a option on the watch?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Did you use this command on your computer
adb push apps/tinycam.apk /sdcard/
In place of tinycam.apk your apk file for messages? And hit enter
I renamed my file "verizonmessages.apk"

I typed in: adb push apps/verizonmessages.apk/sdcard/

Was I supposed to put a space after ".apk" ?

Also, my C:\ prompt is not followed by the same thing as in the guide. So, I also placed the file in what I believe is the same directory my C:\ points to.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I restarted my watch and the app is on there, but when I open it the screen just goes white and nothing more happens.

Maybe an older version of the app would work?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I renamed my file "verizonmessages.apk"

I typed in: adb push apps/verizonmessages.apk/sdcard/

Was I supposed to put a space after ".apk" ?

Also, my C:\ prompt is not followed by the same thing as in the guide. So, I also placed the file in what I believe is the same directory my C:\ points to.
Adb push looks fine
Leave the way the C:\ prompt the way it is dont modify it

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, I restarted my watch and the app is on there, but when I open it the screen just goes white and nothing more happens.

Maybe an older version of the app would work?
You can try a older version , if that dont work its probably not compatible anymore.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
So, I downloaded an older version to my phone and was able to install it on my watch (via it being on my phone).

I sent myself a text and it came up as a notification.

So far, so good!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I downloaded an older version to my phone and was able to install it on my watch (via it being on my phone).

I sent myself a text and it came up as a notification.

So far, so good!
Why did you have to install the text app to your watch to get notifications? I use textra and all I had to do was turn on the notifications for my textra app in the gear app on the phone and my texts come in. I'm still learning my watch so forgive me if I seem a little slow with my question.lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Why did you have to install the text app to your watch to get notifications? I use textra and all I had to do was turn on the notifications for my textra app in the gear app on the phone and my texts come in. I'm still learning my watch so forgive me if I seem a little slow with my question.lol

Probably prefer that message app:)

sailorkane

Jun 12, 2019
Visit site
Guys, newbee here. I got a Note9 unlocked and put it on Verizon. Problem is, its still on 8.1.0. I called Verizon and they said call Samsung. Called Samsung and they took down the IMEI but didn't do anything. I tapped on Download updates manually several times and it keeps coming up server or network error and doesn't do anything. How do I get on pie? How do I keep getting updates in the future?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Guys, newbee here. I got a Note9 unlocked and put it on Verizon. Problem is, its still on 8.1.0. I called Verizon and they said call Samsung. Called Samsung and they took down the IMEI but didn't do anything. I tapped on Download updates manually several times and it keeps coming up server or network error and doesn't do anything. How do I get on pie? How do I keep getting updates in the future?

What's your model number and build code ? Go settings then about phone and software.

sailorkane

Jun 12, 2019
Visit site
I see there is a PC-based Verizon Software Update Assistant for Samsung. Will that upgrade my phone to Pie? I downloaded it and looked for updates and it says SD1 is available. What is SD1?