Pretty good news for DJI Drone flyers/Note 9 users!

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I'm happy to report the following:

DJI Mavic Drone
Go4 App Version 4.3.12
Samsung Note 9
One UI Operating system

All runs perfectly together. 75,000+ Feet of Horizontal Flight Distance today. Not a single bug.

Mike_Luchia

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I just listed my Mavic Pro for sale. Transport Canada and the local population have made it all but impossible to get out flying anymore.

CKwik240

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
My Spark also works fine with my Note 9. The DJI controller for it barely fits the phone. But, with all the airports near me and rules in all the local parks prohibiting it's use, I really don't get to fly it much. It won't even take off at work as it's a complete no fly zone.

Kuloep David

Apr 16, 2019
Visit site
In addition, I get success with my DJI Spark, work perfectly.
I was using a bit different setup:
DJI Spark drone
Go4 App Version 4.3.12
Samsung Note 8+
One UI Operating system
All of it works great.
Recently bought my Spark here https://www.aeromotus.com with a warranty from the manufacturer

Last edited:

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Do you still have the Spark? How do you like it?

I know you quoted someone else but I own a Spark, it's an alright drone but if you're looking to buy one you're much better off getting the newer Mavic Air Mini.

Main complaint I have with the Spark is that you only get about 10 minutes flight time in ideal flying conditions before it wants to return home due to low battery, it gets worse in windy conditions. It's also a pain to find places to legally fly it. Town I live in is mostly a no fly zone due to the local airport, even rural in the farmland a lot of areas are restricted because farms that have crop dusters are considered airports even though they don't fly often.

Unlike the Spark the Mini is below 250g so it doesn't require registration, camera has slight improvements, wings fold in making it more compact for travel, and most importantly much better battery life. I think it was priced the same as the Sparks launch price and the Spark was discontinued.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I know you quoted someone else but I own a Spark, it's an alright drone but if you're looking to buy one you're much better off getting the newer Mavic Air Mini.

Main complaint I have with the Spark is that you only get about 10 minutes flight time in ideal flying conditions before it wants to return home due to low battery, it gets worse in windy conditions. It's also a pain to find places to legally fly it. Town I live in is mostly a no fly zone due to the local airport, even rural in the farmland a lot of areas are restricted because farms that have crop dusters are considered airports even though they don't fly often.

Unlike the Spark the Mini is below 250g so it doesn't require registration, camera has slight improvements, wings fold in making it more compact for travel, and most importantly much better battery life. I think it was priced the same as the Sparks launch price and the Spark was discontinued.
What other drones do you have?

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
What other drones do you have?

I've got 4 drones, a couple cheap ones I got for $40, one from Symtax and one Holy Stone. They don't have GPS and the cameras are garbage but still amusing to fly around. (I loved RC cars as a kid). Plus I can fly them at the park without worrying about FAA regulations.

I got the Spark last spring because I wanted to get a decent look of the floods, river was the highest I had ever seen it and bridges were going under water. Didn't realize it was such a pain to find a place I can legally fly it, I live about 4.5 miles from an airport so technically cannot fly it at home. I've only flown the spark about a dozen times.

Bought the Ryze Tello last Black Friday because it actually has tech to help it position itself and hover in place but it doesn't have GPS. Fly more pack was $80 instead of $150 so it was an impulse buy. 5mp camera on it is decent in good light for images so I throw it in my camera bag some times when I go hiking. It really struggles in the wind due to it's small size and obvious lack of power/speed.

I want to buy a higher end drone but it's difficult to justify the expense when I rarely use my Spark due to regulations and laws.

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Well, I started this thread well over a year ago. And I'm still going. Same phone, Same Drone, now over 10,123,126 (1,917 Miles) feet of flight distance but now running UI 2.1 on my Note 9. Little bit of flicker occasionally in the video feed, but still flying great.