jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Concerning my note 9 compass. Flat on table, whacked about 90 degrees,pick it up at about 30 degrees off table and it's right on. Checked with my hunting compass and it's just about perfect. Kinda wierd but at least I know it's functional.
Wow - you're right, mine does the same thing! That is really weird!

Bildriver

Jan 14, 2016
Visit site
Ok, assuming the security update fixed the compass ,it's now good. And swiftkey does not work on quick reply in forums. But Samsung keyboard does. Oh well !!!!!

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, assuming the security update fixed the compass ,it's now good. And swiftkey does not work on quick reply in forums. But Samsung keyboard does. Oh well !!!!!

Well, I got AT&T and I'm still waiting. Nothing yet. Every morning about 11 am, I check and turn up with a blank every time.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, Compass calibration procedure is disabled by default, by Verizon US versions[.]
Doesn't calibration happen whenever the device rotates while the compass is used e.g. in Google Maps?

Also, how about using the dialer's test menu via *#0*# ? There should be a compass-calibration procedure there under the Sensor section.

In any event, does the compass work properly for you on the CSB3 firmware? It does for me (T-Mobile version).

Turp386

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Just got a software update, AT&T, 328.35mb. Brought the security patch level to March 1st, and build # to CSC1. BUT, my compasses are still not working, as I use more than one. I did have to calibrate the sensor but it didn't help out with the compass.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got a software update, AT&T, 328.35mb. Brought the security patch level to March 1st, and build # to CSC1. BUT, my compasses are still not working, as I use more than one. I did have to calibrate the sensor but it didn't help out with the compass.

It fixed mine Turp... in my Engineering Tools App anyway! Dead Nutz now!!!

Turp386

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
It fixed mine Turp... in my Engineering Tools App anyway! Dead Nutz now!!!

I finally got them going. I restarted the phone and went back in to the sensor segment and it was showing the red line, re calibrated and now they should all be working. The 3 apps I use the most are and I'm good!