02-21-2019 07:13 AM
97 ... 234
tools
    Took the plunge and I am so loving the gestures. No more navigation bar for me.

I've been having issues being able to switch back to the previous app I was looking at and then to switch back to the other app I had opened and was looking at. Very frustrating. Someone suggested an app called One Hand Operation+ and now no issues switching back and forth between apps.

All in all it didn't take me long to feel comfortable using the gestures in Pie. It feels natural.
    02-11-2019 11:26 AM
    I used gestures the first couple of days, and hate them. I really wish we still had the option to use and then hide the buttons - there was no reason to eliminate that that I can figure.

If I wanted an iPhone X, I would have bought one.
    jimd1050 and adegbenroagoro like this.
    02-11-2019 12:13 PM
    I used gestures the first couple of days, and hate them. I really wish we still had the option to use and then hide the buttons - there was no reason to eliminate that that I can figure.

If I wanted an iPhone X, I would have bought one.
    Seems they really are trying to push people into the gestures.
    02-11-2019 12:52 PM
    Can you explain the swipe right? I have tried and it does nothing for me.
    Turn of favorites in recent app menu it makes it work a little smoother make sure you turn off Samsung pay on home screen then all have do is swipe right on the middle line
    02-11-2019 10:21 PM
    CHANGING APPS BY SWIPING:

I'm responding to multiple questions on this as it was annoying me, too. I loved the double tap recent apps to switch quickly between two apps.

With gestures (and I have the bars showing), while in app one, and wanting to switch to app 2, on the MIDDLE bar swipe towards the RIGHT. So what is usually a swipe UP on middle bar taking you to home, you will do a swipe right and that will switch your apps.

I hope this helps.

ETA: I do NOT have Samsung Pay turned off. I can swipe up from my home screen to access Samsung Pay. The swipe right on the middle bar is when you are actively in app one (or two) and want to get back to app two (or one). I hope this makes sense. It's a little confusing trying to explain it.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-12-2019 07:16 AM
    I love the gestures. I use Nova, I've made use of gestures with Nova for years. I also use one hand operation thru good lock.

For those that are having issues with Samsung pay, why don't you just have that turned on in lock screen only. Use one handed operation for Samsung pay. You can use Nova also, they have all kinds of ways for gestures, 2 finger up, 2 finger swipe sideways, swipe up and down, even double tap, which I use to turn screen off.
    02-12-2019 07:19 AM
    Gestures for me.

I only use Samsung Pay from the lockscreen and it works great.
    Why would I want to have to unlock my phone every time I want to use Samsung Pay anyways?
    02-12-2019 07:41 AM
    Gestures for me.

I only use Samsung Pay from the lockscreen and it works great.
    Why would I want to have to unlock my phone every time I want to use Samsung Pay anyways?
    It's more about not having to lock your phone if you have it out and are using it when you want to access Samsung Pay.
    02-12-2019 09:20 AM
    I had seen people talk about the swipe right for the most recent app (accomplishing what the double-tap used to do), but could never get it to work. Finally figured out I needed gesture hints on for it to work (which seems a bit odd). Not as clean as having them hidden which I would prefer, but it's nice to have the functionality back (even if it does seem a bit slower than the old double-tap).
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-12-2019 09:34 AM
    I had seen people talk about the swipe right for the most recent app (accomplishing what the double-tap used to do), but could never get it to work. Finally figured out I needed gesture hints on for it to work (which seems a bit odd). Not as clean as having them hidden which I would prefer, but it's nice to have the functionality back (even if it does seem a bit slower than the old double-tap).
    I have the gestures hints on and still doesn't work.
    02-12-2019 01:30 PM
    I'm thankful for the choice, as in, not having it shoved down our throats. I've tried gestures twice now and gone back to the buttons each time. For me it is just easier to tap the screen and move on.

I'm also a fan of having the option to change the swipe to answer an incoming call to a tap to answer or reject the call. Less motion, more efficient.

It's good to have choices.
    Mojave and adegbenroagoro like this.
    02-13-2019 04:43 AM
    It's more about not having to lock your phone if you have it out and are using it when you want to access Samsung Pay.
    I just use the app drawer or an icon on the home screen.

I turned off the ability to swipe up for it a long time ago as it got in the way.
    Since I use Nova and the swipe up gesture is used for opening my app drawer its all gravy.
    02-13-2019 08:55 AM
    I just use the app drawer or an icon on the home screen.

I turned off the ability to swipe up for it a long time ago as it got in the way.
    Since I use Nova and the swipe up gesture is used for opening my app drawer its all gravy.
    My preference would be they allow the swipe up on the fingerprint to work without having to have the SP tab at the bottom. It's all or nothing for home screen now.
    02-13-2019 09:23 AM
    Just today I turned on gestures, had my note since launch date.
    I forgot how nice it is too use gestures.
    On my oneplus 6 I always used gestures, don't know why it took so long to turn them on, on my Note.
    02-17-2019 02:38 AM
    My preference would be they allow the swipe up on the fingerprint to work without having to have the SP tab at the bottom. It's all or nothing for home screen now.
    That doesnt seem to be an option in Samsung Pay
    02-19-2019 08:08 PM
    I like gestures like on P3XL but Im so used to the buttons.
    02-20-2019 09:55 AM
    I've been using the gestures for awhile now and just couldn't get the feel for it so I went back to the buttons. I'm glad that there are choices.
    Connert likes this.
    02-20-2019 10:11 AM
    I have gestures used to the buttons. Though there are still a few problems with using them with Nova that I keep forgetting to message them about.
    02-20-2019 12:22 PM
    I have gestures used to the buttons. Though there are still a few problems with using them with Nova that I keep forgetting to message them about.
    That's interesting. I use Nova and full gestures and haven't encountered any problems?
    02-20-2019 01:01 PM
    That's interesting. I use Nova and full gestures and haven't encountered any problems?
    From the home screen, if I swipe up for recent apps, the most recent goes to the right of the screen and not in the center. On Samsung launcher, it's in the middle. Also, on Samsung launcher when you swipe right from center (home) gesture it allows you to toggle back and forth between the two most recent apps (like double tap on recents used to so). On Nova, it just scrolls back through all of your recent apps chronologically (does not toggle back and forth).

The last one is not as big of a deal, but the Samsung pay bar does not disappear when you swipe to screens left or right of your home screen or when the app drawer is open. This interferes if you want to swipe up to return to your home screen.
    Mojave likes this.
    02-20-2019 11:10 PM
    From the home screen, if I swipe up for recent apps, the most recent goes to the right of the screen and not in the center. On Samsung launcher, it's in the middle. Also, on Samsung launcher when you swipe right from center (home) gesture it allows you to toggle back and forth between the two most recent apps (like double tap on recents used to so). On Nova, it just scrolls back through all of your recent apps chronologically (does not toggle back and forth).

The last one is not as big of a deal, but the Samsung pay bar does not disappear when you swipe to screens left or right of your home screen or when the app drawer is open. This interferes if you want to swipe up to return to your home screen.
    Using Nova also. I agree with you on the issues with Nova. To go back and forth between my two recent apps I had to download an app called One Hand Operation+ from the Galaxy store. This resolves that issue while using Nova. Many people have been complaining about Nova gestures not working properly with Pie.

As for Samsung Pay bar you can hide it on your home screen. I have it only showing on my lockscreen.
    02-21-2019 06:44 AM
    Using Nova also. I agree with you on the issues with Nova. To go back and forth between my two recent apps I had to download an app called One Hand Operation+ from the Galaxy store. This resolves that issue while using Nova. Many people have been complaining about Nova gestures not working properly with Pie.

As for Samsung Pay bar you can hide it on your home screen. I have it only showing on my lockscreen.
    I am aware that you can hide SP bar completely from home screen, and I have done that. However, I'd prefer to not have to do that, as sometimes I like to go to SP from my home screen. If Nova operated as it should and hid the bar when the app drawer was open or when I go to my other screens, this would not be a problem. (Also would work if Samsung would allow SP Finger print swipe while having bar hidden, but it's all or none. Either way, still an issue with Nova).

Back to gestures more generally, it's annoying that Nova has not yet fixed the issues. At first, I thought it was a strange implantation from Samsung, and then I switched away from Nova, and saw it was their fault
    02-21-2019 07:13 AM
97 ... 234