Gestures or the buttons...?

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I LOVE the new update, i think it has pulled me away from Nova and any other 3rd party Launcher, but i keep going back and forth with the nav bar options. i like how the screen looks with the gestures, but i'm a creature of habit, i'm so use to the buttons. what is your preference?

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I LOVE the new update, i think it has pulled me away from Nova and any other 3rd party Launcher, but i keep going back and forth with the nav bar options. i like how the screen looks with the gestures, but i'm a creature of habit, i'm so use to the buttons. what is your preference?

I like the buttons...I don't like to interfere with Samsung Pay

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I tried the gestures and I'm not really fond of them. I thought that maybe I didn't like it because it kept hitting Samsung pay, but once I took Samsung pay off of the homescreen and tried the gestures it still wasn't impressive.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I tried the gestures and I'm not really fond of them. I thought that maybe I didn't like it because it kept hitting Samsung pay, but once I took Samsung pay off of the homescreen and tried the gestures it still wasn't impressive.

i finally figured out how to move the samsung pay (dont judge me!! LOL!), so i'm going to give it another try...

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site

Definitely the BUTTONS for me. I tried the gestures for all of 1 minute. Didn't like them- especially with the S Pen. I have my navigation bar always on. I've also left Nova and am now using the stock launcher for the first time in a long while and liking it. Maybe because all my traditional home screen customisation has ended up in the EDGE PANELS.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
i finally figured out how to move the samsung pay (dont judge me!! LOL!), so i'm going to give it another try...

I wish it would let you remove Samsung pay from the home screen at the bottom while still allowing you to swipe up on the finger print sensor to bring it up. Seems to be both or neither.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm sticking with the buttons. For me it's easier and faster. I also really like the double tape of the recent button to switch between the last two apps.

As soon as Good Lock is updated I will also have my camera shortcut back on this bar.

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I wish it would let you remove Samsung pay from the home screen at the bottom while still allowing you to swipe up on the finger print sensor to bring it up. Seems to be both or neither.

Now there's an idea...! oooohhhh SAMSUNGGG! lol!

Beansr519

Nov 28, 2018
Visit site
I'm sticking with the buttons. For me it's easier and faster. I also really like the double tape of the recent button to switch between the last two apps.

As soon as Good Lock is updated I will also have my camera shortcut back on this bar.

i didnt know about the double tap...good stuff!

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site

While I'm trying out gestures for the time being, I do miss the double tap for sure.

Bo21

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
This is only an issue on the main home page. If you have multiple home screens, the Samsung pay at the bottom goes away.

Since your swipe up on the home page would take you to the same home page you are already on, why does it matter if the Samaung pay swipe tab is there? Makes sense why they left it from that perspective.

I get that most of us are used to the hidden nav bar and probably naturally swipe somewhere in the middle, but it really is a matter of retraining your movements on the screen.

Realistically, just shut off the Samsung pay on the home screen and leave it on the lock screen and when off. How many times are you really using your phone at the same time you are paying. Just swipe up from the lock screen or when it is off.

I do agree it would be nice for the finger print sensor swipe to work with the home screen button off.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm using 100% guestures without HINT where the bars showed. After few days of using, and now automatically swip at certain location. LOVE IT!

Last edited: