Gestures or the buttons...?

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
This is only an issue on the main home page. If you have multiple home screens, the Samsung pay at the bottom goes away.

Since your swipe up on the home page would take you to the same home page you are already on, why does it matter if the Samaung pay swipe tab is there? Makes sense why they left it from that perspective.

I get that most of us are used to the hidden nav bar and probably naturally swipe somewhere in the middle, but it really is a matter of retraining your movements on the screen.

Realistically, just shut off the Samsung pay on the home screen and leave it on the lock screen and when off. How many times are you really using your phone at the same time you are paying. Just swipe up from the lock screen or when it is off.

I do agree it would be nice for the finger print sensor swipe to work with the home screen button off.

If I am to the left or right of my home page either for apps or widgets, the Samsung Pay tab remains. Therefore if I swipe up it takes me to Samsung pay instead of my main home page. Same thing if I'm in my App drawer. So there's that.

And there are times when I have my phone in use and want to go to Samsung Pay, so all and all, it seems silly to not have an option to be able to eliminate the SP tab at the bottom and still use the finger print swipe to bring SP up. It would solve both of my problems.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Gestures with hints off along with OneHand Operation+ from the Samsung App store makes for a great experience. Does not interfere with Samsung Pay. I use SP all the time.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If I am to the left or right of my home page either for apps or widgets, the Samsung Pay tab remains. Therefore if I swipe up it takes me to Samsung pay instead of my main home page. Same thing if I'm in my App drawer. So there's that.

And there are times when I have my phone in use and want to go to Samsung Pay, so all and all, it seems silly to not have an option to be able to eliminate the SP tab at the bottom and still use the finger print swipe to bring SP up. It would solve both of my problems.

Sam pay only come up if you swipe from very bottom of the screen. Remember, the buttons location on the screen before guesture, it is slightly above the edge of the screen. If you can remember that when swipping, you're set.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Sam pay only come up if you swipe from very bottom of the screen. Remember, the buttons location on the screen before guesture, it is slightly above the edge of the screen. If you can remember that when swipping, you're set.

Not for me. As long as the SP tab is at the bottom, there is no way for me to swipe up from bottom and utilize the home gesture. Goes to SP every time (or if my finger is too high, nothing happens, but no going home).

Again, all they need to do is allow you to use swipe up with finger print for SP without the tab being at the bottom and problem solved. I cannot imagine that's a hard fix.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
If your'e on your home screen the home swipe up gesture does nothing because you're already on your home screen. Its suppose to do nothing.

If you're on your home screen and swipe from the very bottom your Samsung Pay will open. Exactly the way it suppose too. Samsung Pay only shows on your home screen.

Thus, Samsung Pay doesn't interfere with the home screen gesture function.
Not for me. As long as the SP tab is at the bottom, there is no way for me to swipe up from bottom and utilize the home gesture. Goes to SP every time (or if my finger is too high, nothing happens, but no going home).

Again, all they need to do is allow you to use swipe up with finger print for SP without the tab being at the bottom and problem solved. I cannot imagine that's a hard fix.

Gdwheel

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Gestures all the way. I first tried them with the iPhone X and the OnePlus 6 and could not go back. I even used the OnePlus Gestures app until the new update came along.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
If your'e on your home screen the home swipe up gesture does nothing because you're already on your home screen. Its suppose to do nothing.

If you're on your home screen and swipe from the very bottom your Samsung Pay will open. Exactly the way it suppose too. Samsung Pay only shows on your home screen.

Thus, Samsung Pay doesn't interfere with the home screen gesture function.

I don't think you read my previous posts. I am referring to when I am to the left or right of my home screen (where other apps/widgets) are located or when I have my app drawer open. In either case if SP tab is not there a swipe up from the middle takes me back to the home screen. With the SP tab there, it takes me to Samsung Pay. So, yes, SP does interfere with my home screen gesture function.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. My Samsung Pay only shows up on my Home Screen as it should. When I swipe to the screens right of my Home Screen, Samsung Pay tab goes away as it should. I can see the tab go away... .Left of my Home Home and it goes away there too.

So on my phone it doesn't interfere with the gesture.

You know what you need to do.
I don't think you read my previous posts. I am referring to when I am to the left or right of my home screen (where other apps/widgets) are located or when I have my app drawer open. In either case if SP tab is not there a swipe up from the middle takes me back to the home screen. With the SP tab there, it takes me to Samsung Pay. So, yes, SP does interfere with my home screen gesture function.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Even tho Gestures are on the home button still works as a press button just hidden. No need to swipe. Just press in the area of the home button. If you long press it brings up Google Assistant.

I also tested that when on a different home screen Samsung Pay doesn't even show up unless I'm on the Main home screen. Not sure why you're having problems with it.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Even tho Gestures are on the home button still works as a press button just hidden. No need to swipe. Just press in the area of the home button. If you long press it brings up Google Assistant.

I also tested that when on a different home screen Samsung Pay doesn't even show up unless I'm on the Main home screen. Not sure why you're having problems with it.
I'm aware pressing still works, but that defeats the purposee of the gestures if I'm trying to get used to get used to swiping.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm on AT&T. My Samsung Pay only shows up on my Home Screen as it should. When I swipe to the screens right of my Home Screen, Samsung Pay tab goes away as it should. I can see the tab go away... .Left of my Home Home and it goes away there too.

So on my phone it doesn't interfere with the gesture.

You know what you need to do.
I'm on AT&T as well. Tab definitely does not go away for me.

Edit: See below

Last edited:

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I hear you. One more question do you use home screen only or do you use home screen with app drawer?

I use Nova launcher's drawer...and apparently that's the problem. Didn't think about that before. Just switched back to Samsung, and the SP does go away when I'm not on the main home screen or if I'm in the app drawer. Apparently it's a Nova issue. Thanks for the help offered. My apologies for not considering or mentioning Nova earlier. I wonder if they'll make the proper adjustment.

Last edited:

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I use Nova launcher's drawer...and apparently that's the problem. Didn't think about that before. Just switched back to Samsung, and the SP does go away when I'm not on the main home screen or if I'm in the app drawer. Apparently it's a Nova issue. Thanks for the help offered. My apologies for not considering or mentioning Nova earlier. I wonder if they'll make the proper adjustment.
Ah ok. maybe it's a Nova thing then. The stock Home screen won't give you the Samsung Pay tab on multiple home screens.

lcs101

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
Ah ok. maybe it's a Nova thing then. The stock Home screen won't give you the Samsung Pay tab on multiple home screens.
Yep. Seems to be a Nova problem. Not the only one since the implementation of gestures either.

For example if not using Nova and you swipe up for recent apps, the one you had open last comes to the front as it should. On Nova, it pushes that app to the right, which I annoying.

Going to message Nova about both.

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm actually surprised that I'm enjoying the gestures! Im still using Action Launcher and I have Samsung pay on the lock screen and off screen so it doesn't interfere with the gestures at all.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
No problem I accept your apology

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37