AT&T Note 9 Not Updating

CAO

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have an AT&T Note 9 that is not updating to Android Pie--the phone says my phone has the most recent updates. When I checked my software, I see I have last gotten a security update on October 1, 2018. I called AT&T, and on two occasions, the service tech advised they would push the update to me OTA. I have an Galaxy S7 for work--AT&T--that got a security update on December 1, 2018. Does anybody have any ideas what to do as AT&T advised I may have to go to a Samsung store to get the update. Is it possible there is a setting on the phone that is checked that is blocking updates?

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
Clear cache partition then safe boot and clear system software storage cache.

Might want to backup and do a factory reset, or just reset settings. Does it have any software app that might interfere? A VPN should not but...

Someone else on here had same issue btw

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
try what Gayle suggested. if that dont work there was a old trick of changing the date couple days ahead in time and date settings you'll have to turn off auto time and date and see if it pushes the update to your device , not guaranteed but has worked in past.

Gayle Lynn

Jun 20, 2016
Visit site
PS: The February security update, just got it yesterday on Essential, was 300MB plus so rather large, not sure when it'll get pushed out for us but that's a good size with a number of improvement and changes.

CAO

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
October 1, 2018 is the last one. I don't know the exact number, but I can give it if you tell me where it might be.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
October 1, 2018 is the last one. I don't know the exact number, but I can give it if you tell me where it might be.

Ok your far behind you need to get to December ...first if you have smart switch on your computer see any updates there, if not you need to flash December to your device , as lot of Att users had problems going on updates from October's.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Settings>about phone>software information is where you can find what security patch and software on the phone

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac