Update issues...

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Ugh I don't even know where to begin! I wasn't thrilled I lost the customization of Good Lock 2018 but that is nothing compared to the issues I have run into!

It changed all my alarm sounds. And changed the volume level! I have put all the settings back to where they were and selected the ring tone but it still starts off at a whisper and takes quite a bit of time to reach max volume. there is no crescendo or gradually increase selected or an option to check it or uncheck it! :/

It takes 3 swipes (or more) to answer the phone!! Most the time I swipe it then have to wait to have it ring again to swipe again to answer and actually connect!! Really annoying that I can't even answer a phone... I remember seeing a sensativity option for phones with screen protectors, Will this help? I don't have a cover but maybe I need to adjust it? If yes, where is that setting at?

I had a custom photo on my AOD... guessing that is a thing of the past now?

all the icons changed and became VERY LARGE.. is there a way to change that or do I need to get an icon pack? Will an Icon Pack even work or is this the new norm?

I have the stock launcher, will a different launcher help with anything?

I am sure I have other issues, I just can't think of them at the moment.

I feel like I paid almost a grand for a phone I want to throw in the trash! Please tell me there is hope for me lol

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Clearing systems cache can help eliminate bugs or glitches after an update. I have yet to update mine so I'm not sure what all changed from personal experience.

I do know the icons would change with another launcher, it's also worth going into settings under display and see how things are set for size/scaling. There is also the option to go into developer options and under drawing chance display width, it scales the size of everything. The larger the number the smaller everything is, just be careful not to adjust it very far at once or things could get way too small.

I'm sure some of the other forum members who actually use the Note 9 as their daily can be of more help than me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You have a long list lol
if your sign into your account for Samsung you can go to backup and restore, and restore the apps, home settings, photos,sms, alarms back to last time you had them backed up

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
You are still be able to put a custom picture on the aod screen. It's under settings - lockscreen- clock styles. It will ask you whether you want to change the aod or lockscreen. Screenshot_20190205-235227_Settings.jpegScreenshot_20190205-235149_Always%20On%20Display.jpeg

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
You are still be able to put a custom picture on the aod screen. It's under settings - lockscreen- clock styles. It will ask you whether you want to change the aod or lockscreen. View attachment 297768View attachment 297769

Thank You!! The pic I have on my AOD is very sentimental to me. I know I could have the pic anywhere else I want, even as a wallpaper but just knowing I could have it back as my AOD made me smile, cry and laugh all at the same time! Thank You <3

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Thank You!! The pic I have on my AOD is very sentimental to me. I know I could have the pic anywhere else I want, even as a wallpaper but just knowing I could have it back as my AOD made me smile, cry and laugh all at the same time! Thank You <3
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
You can look into the Nova Launcher. You can change the size, shadowing, background (if in a folder) and various other custom options. I have bee using Nova Launcher for awhile now and enjoy it.

I noticed with my update there are a few areas that are showing white that weren't before, so I'll have to go into those areas and try to fix it.

Oh - Good Lock 2018 is another nice custom one - this one allows you to change the notification panel background color from white to pretty much anything, along with a bunch of other stuff. This one is currently awaiting an update (after the Pie update) to fully function but that shouldn't be too long.

Screen shot below of one of my home screens just showing the custom features. :)
8be13be23342ff6f509f10d586e8a72b.jpg

smooches680

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You have a long list lol
if your sign into your account for Samsung you can go to backup and restore, and restore the apps, home settings, photos,sms, alarms back to last time you had them backed up
Hi there. Newbie female here! I backup everything before this update and now my home screen has changed. How can I change back my home screen to where it was before the update? Can't remember what apps I had before and all my apps was neatly in folders? Thank you for any assistance in advance .

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is having so much trouble? As I stated in my original review after the update, I did a Samsung Cloud backup before the update. After the update, without having to do a restore, all my stuff was exactly as I left it - desktop, Apps, Folders, settings (other than new ones of course) ???

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi there. Newbie female here! I backup everything before this update and now my home screen has changed. How can I change back my home screen to where it was before the update? Can't remember what apps I had before and all my apps was neatly in folders? Thank you for any assistance in advance .

Have you tried the method I mentioned
You dont have to restore all just home settings ?

Sfussell1

Feb 8, 2019
Visit site
Not sure why everyone is having so much trouble? As I stated in my original review after the update, I did a Samsung Cloud backup before the update. After the update, without having to do a restore, all my stuff was exactly as I left it - desktop, Apps, Folders, settings (other than new ones of course) ???

I'm having issues with settings. My Always On just... isn't on? Before the update there would be a clock on the screen while it just sat there. Now there isn't (yes, I looked at the setting, and from what I can tell it is activated! I even picked out a different clock!). And my screen doesn't wake up when I get notifications.

MysticalDreams

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having issues with settings. My Always On just... isn't on? Before the update there would be a clock on the screen while it just sat there. Now there isn't (yes, I looked at the setting, and from what I can tell it is activated! I even picked out a different clock!). And my screen doesn't wake up when I get notifications.

In the AOD menu there is a Display Mode... When I clicked on that it gave me 3 options. The default after the update (at least on my phone) was 'Tap to Show' I changed it to Show Always

I haven't looked into or noticed my notifications...

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
In the AOD menu there is a Display Mode... When I clicked on that it gave me 3 options. The default after the update (at least on my phone) was 'Tap to Show' I changed it to Show Always

I haven't looked into or noticed my notifications...

That was the problem - Pie adds (or changes) the default value to "Tap to Display" - mine did the same thing and had me puzzled for a bit. Just change it to "Always On" Sfussell1, like MysticalDreams stated and you'll be fine!

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
That was the problem - Pie adds (or changes) the default value to "Tap to Display" - mine did the same thing and had me puzzled for a bit. Just change it to "Always On" Sfussell1, like MysticalDreams stated and you'll be fine!
I didn't know this. I couldn't figure out why my aod was going black ever so often , but it wasn't a huge issue. I just let it be. Lol

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Please help. I've been having weak audio since the update, I can only answer my calls on speaker which is very frustrating. Phone is barely a week old and my gallery won't open, keeps asking me to grant foursquare. com permission to use location and when I click the link there's nowhere to grant the permission. Not happy at all with this update

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty