Android Pie & Android Auto

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Ever since I updated to pie yesterday Android auto has always (On car display) been in Night mode. I have not had time to check yet but I have One UI in always on for night mode. I will turn off when get time and see if that is the cause or not but wanted to see if anyone else noticed.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the night mode too and my Android Auto car display was in the day mode on my Dodge Ram.

Hmm, strange. Mine has never been in night mode in daylight now can't get it back to daylight mode. I will play with some and see then what could be causing.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Hmm, strange. Mine has never been in night mode in daylight now can't get it back to daylight mode. I will play with some and see then what could be causing.
I have a dial I'm my truck to change the display mode from dark to light can you change it that way?

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Ok, just tested. Started car with developer options set to night mode always on. Android auto was in night mode. While still connected went to developer options and set night mode to always off, instantly android auto on car display went to daylight. Re-enabled night mode always on in developer options and android auto on car display switched back to night mode. So atleast in my case they are linked together. It doesn't bother me much and I guess could always use a schedule in developer then would fix as well.

harlenm#AC

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android Pie & Android Auto

Ok, just tested. Started car with developer options set to night mode always on. Android auto was in night mode. While still connected went to developer options and set night mode to always off, instantly android auto on car display went to daylight. Re-enabled night mode always on in developer options and android auto on car display switched back to night mode. So atleast in my case they are linked together. It doesn't bother me much and I guess could always use a schedule in developer then would fix as well.
It should be controlled by the car, as that is the way it always was. However, AA now takes cues from the phone instead. Only way to get it to work properly right now is to have developer options set night mode by time of day.
b0aee6d5ae3f4dcfed55feb241ec6343.jpg