Factory unlocked note 9 arrived from Amazon yesterday. Inserted sim from T-Mobile and all was well. Got prompted for and allowed "android software update" this morning. Phone audio now very weak where prior to the "android software update" the phone audio was fine. Samsung support wants me to take the phone to a "ubreakifix" location for service. Am reluctant to "repair" a one day old phone. Online posts indicate uninstalling the update is not an option. Seems I must either use the phone "as is" (using external speaker on every call) while waiting for another "android software update" which hopefully fixes the issue, or return the phone to Amazon. Anyone have experience with a situation like this and helpful suggestions for how to resolve it?
    02-08-2019 04:00 AM
    Why not do a factory reset? Even though new the phone WAS upgraded from Android Oreo to Pie. It's often recommended to do so after an OS upgrade
    02-08-2019 12:55 PM
    I have the same issue and my phone is barely a week old. Also I can't open my gallery, it keeps taking me to foursquare.com and there's nowhere to agree to t&c there. I'm really upset
    02-08-2019 03:25 PM
    Try this....Go to settings, apps, gallery then clear cache.

Also clear data If your photos are backed up to a cloud.
    I have the same issue and my phone is barely a week old. Also I can't open my gallery, it keeps taking me to foursquare.com and there's nowhere to agree to t&c there. I'm really upset
    02-08-2019 03:57 PM
    Thanks for the tip, gallery is sorted now. Just need to make a or receive a call to see how audio turns out after wiping cache partition. If that doesn't work might have to do a factory reset
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-08-2019 04:16 PM