Note 9 Andriod Pie removed the pro video feature?

GalaxyTech

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I have recently updated to Android Pie. I noticed that the camera app now has video on it's own tab. When this changed, it removed the pro function for video because in Android Oero for this phone, the video button AND the stills were in the same place. I contacted Samsung support and they couldn't help me with this issue. It literally says in the Pro camera mode setting "Take control of your videos", but no video function is seen on there, ironic. Is anyone else with a Galaxy phone having this issue? Thanks!

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and I have recently updated to Android Pie. I noticed that the camera app now has video on it's own tab. When this changed, it removed the pro function for video because in Android Oero for this phone, the video button AND the stills were in the same place. I contacted Samsung support and they couldn't help me with this issue. It literally says in the Pro camera mode setting "Take control of your videos", but no video function is seen on there, ironic. Is anyone else with a Galaxy phone having this issue? Thanks!

Would try force close it and see if camera gets back up and running

GalaxyTech

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Would try force close it and see if camera gets back up and running

Oh yeah, the camera runs fine. One of my issues is that I can't manually change the focus and ISO for video, only for still images. I just now forced closed and cleared cache and data. I still don't see an option for pro video capture, only auto.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh yeah, the camera runs fine. One of my issues is that I can't manually change the focus and ISO for video, only for still images. I just now forced closed and cleared cache and data. I still don't see an option for pro video capture, only auto.

Gotcha , what else have your tried? Rebooting phone? Safe mode?

GalaxyTech

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site

Nice find Gary, guess this is a known issue. Suprised I haven't come across this article before. I guess I will either find a way to flash firmware or use a third party app. Filmic Pro is a fairly good camera app and does a fair amount of pro functions, only downside is it can't do over 30fps and is pricey. But an apk version is easily obtainable. I guess I will wait until another update comes out. Thanks guys!

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't it be possible to get an apk for a pre-Pie version of the Samsung Camera app that still has pro-mode for video? Or would that be incompatible with Pie?

Fred98TJ

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nice find Gary, guess this is a known issue. Suprised I haven't come across this article before. I guess I will either find a way to flash firmware or use a third party app. Filmic Pro is a fairly good camera app and does a fair amount of pro functions, only downside is it can't do over 30fps and is pricey. But an apk version is easily obtainable. I guess I will wait until another update comes out. Thanks guys!

I use FiLMic Pro (not on a Note 9) and I can get up to 240fps and up to 100mbps. It’s a great app for those who do videos (maybe not so great on the Note for whatever reasons). It also allows shooting in flat gamma and log gamma which gives a lot more latitude for color grading in your processing later.

GalaxyTech

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Shouldn't it be possible to get an apk for a pre-Pie version of the Samsung Camera app that still has pro-mode for video? Or would that be incompatible with Pie?

I thought so too, but when I was talking with support a few days ago. They said the older version isn't compatable with pie unfortunately. Unless someone has a link to Samsung camera then idk. :(

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I use FiLMic Pro (not on a Note 9) and I can get up to 240fps and up to 100mbps. It’s a great app for those who do videos (maybe not so great on the Note for whatever reasons). It also allows shooting in flat gamma and log gamma which gives a lot more latitude for color grading in your processing later.

I have the same problem that video Pro is no longer an option on my older Galaxy S8 since "down grading" to pie.
I have tried filmic pro, but it can't quickly be launched from double pressing the power button, also it does not seem to use my phones image stabilisation, so video is much more shaky compared with the stock app. All this sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol