When I download videos either from Dropbox or Google Drive or Bluetooth transfer from my computer they save to the "my files" folder but are not available in the gallery. This started happening just recently. How can I get my videos to show up in the gallery again?

Using Samsung Galaxy Note 9. No SD card. Just internal storage.
    02-08-2019 04:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the actual directory called "/My Files"? You're probably just looking at the My Files category in the file manager app, which probably groups together different folders. What's the actual directory those files are in? Use the file manager app to look in that specific directory and see if there's a file called ".nomedia" -- if present, delete it.
    02-08-2019 04:27 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is the actual directory called "/My Files"? You're probably just looking at the My Files category in the file manager app, which probably groups together different folders. What's the actual directory those files are in? Use the file manager app to look in that specific directory and see if there's a file called ".nomedia" -- if present, delete it.

Ok I got the "ES File Explorer" app and found that the directory is "emulated > 0 > download." Screenshot attached. I don't see ".nomedia" though. 🙁

Any other ideas?
    Attached Thumbnails Videos not showing in gallery on Galaxy Note 9-screenshot_20190209-104911_es-file-explorer.jpg  
    02-09-2019 01:18 PM
    Are you talking about the .mov files? .mov is an Apple format, and is not compatible with Android devices for the most part. You might be able to use a 3rd party video player app that has the proper codec.
    02-09-2019 04:29 PM
    Are you talking about the .mov files? .mov is an Apple format, and is not compatible with Android devices for the most part. You might be able to use a 3rd party video player app that has the proper codec.
    Ah that was the issue! .mp4 shows in the gallery. Thank you.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-11-2019 01:23 PM