So I dropped my note 9 and cracked the screen (just the glass part), need help...

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What are my options to replace the screen? I don't have enough warranty and this is the US unlocked version so it's not from any carrier. Thanks in advance!

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm "pleasantly" surprised. My default assumption is screen repair costs 50 % of the phone's value.
That's what I'm thinking. I'm also thinking insurance may be a waste. What is it, $10 a month. 2 years and you pay $240, plus a high deductible, probably $199, at least $150. Also, the longer the phone is out, the cheaper the parts get. The numbers are definitely on the insurance companies side, very little risk for them.

OJsakila

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking. I'm also thinking insurance may be a waste. What is it, $10 a month. 2 years and you pay $240, plus a high deductible, probably $199, at least $150. Also, the longer the phone is out, the cheaper the parts get. The numbers are definitely on the insurance companies side, very little risk for them.

Welcome out of your (insurance) coma. Complete legalized criminality.
I know accidents happen but if so, you pay the price. How much to replace an iphone 10 max phone screen or the any top flagship phone? Probably cheaper but whatever... Definitely better off including it on your personal property state farm insurance or just paying it when it happens.
Seems like the only time the insurance is worth it is during month one... After that it's a wash.. Lol
Eff mobile carrier "insurance."

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just curious if you had any type of case on the phone? Not asking for any other reason but to know. Also, how high was the drop and was it on hard floor, or pavement, or where else?

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Just curious if you had any type of case on the phone? Not asking for any other reason but to know. Also, how high was the drop and was it on hard floor, or pavement, or where else?

I have a case but it's a super slim case. The phone is already big enough to and I didn't want to add any more bulk. I knew what I was getting myself into though. But I've come to realize that the in hand feel of a phone is everything to me. I could totally love a phone when I first get it because the in hand feel is awesome but soon as I also on a case it totally changes the experience. Also I didn't have any screen protectors of any kind. I was parking my car, got out and the phone flipped in the air and landed on concrete. About waist level drop and it hit the top right corner. The crack isn't bad at all, I could totally love with it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a case but it's a super slim case. The phone is already big enough to and I didn't want to add any more bulk. I knew what I was getting myself into though. But I've come to realize that the in hand feel of a phone is everything to me. I could totally love a phone when I first get it because the in hand feel is awesome but soon as I also on a case it totally changes the experience. Also I didn't have any screen protectors of any kind. I was parking my car, got out and the phone flipped in the air and landed on concrete. About waist level drop and it hit the top right corner. The crack isn't bad at all, I could totally love with it.

Did the frame get scratched or damaged?, I'm asking because my phone slip out of my hand at work was holding it with some other stuff and was about 3 feet when it landed with dome screen protection and slim case , after I picked it up I thought something had to break . When I inspected it only had a scratch mark close to the edge of the spen hole but enough to go to its bare aluminum frame but that was it.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Did the frame get scratched or damaged?, I'm asking because my phone slip out of my hand at work was holding it with some other stuff and was about 3 feet when it landed with dome screen protection and slim case , after I picked it up I thought something had to break . When I inspected it only had a scratch mark close to the edge of the spen hole but enough to go to its bare aluminum frame but that was it.
No the frame is just fine, it's all display. But it's really not a big deal.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah , you get it fixed in no time . Need to find something to paint that one scratch and make it look as close to the color of the phone.
Yes bro. I'm debating fixing it or not. I think I'll wait till the S10 comes out to see if it's worth upgrading to or keep the note 9.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance