Note 9 cell signal in rural areas

Rhyalus

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been pleased with the Note 9. The signal is better than the HTC 10 I had, and I also have a Kyocera Dura Pro 2 which is clearly worse.

I truly wish that phone reviews included PHONE STUFF (like reception quality, radio sensitivity, speaker phone operations, etc.) ... rather than just amount of RAM and photo quality. After all, a PHONE is supposed to do PHONE stuff. :)

R

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm on Verizon, haven't had an issue with service with any Samsung phone since before my Note 5. Only lost service in 3 places I can think of in the midwest. Section of state forest in northern MN, section of forest in southern Wisconsin, and on a ferry in the middle of Lake Michigan. Even the rural farm land of the Dakotas have good coverage, middle of no where on gravel roads and the phone still works.

Tried T-Mobile once, that had dead zones all over the place on my S7. So carrier is far more important than phone model.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I live in a rural area. Since I'm a phone junkie, I've had many phones. Often at many as three at a time.
Usually Motorolas have the best reception. This Note 9 is on part with the Motorola phones I've had.
I'm on Verizon and have been the entire time.

Thinair1911

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I have been pleased with the Note 9. The signal is better than the HTC 10 I had, and I also have a Kyocera Dura Pro 2 which is clearly worse.

I truly wish that phone reviews included PHONE STUFF (like reception quality, radio sensitivity, speaker phone operations, etc.) ... rather than just amount of RAM and photo quality. After all, a PHONE is supposed to do PHONE stuff. :)

R

Well there are at least two of us that agree. I do like lots of mem and sound quality. But a phone should be a phone first. Then I'm in Az. And we out west have a lot of wilds. Photo is way down list.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I have the unlocked variant on Verizon and they measure the signal differently as far as bars go. I checked the actual signal strength at my house vs my iPhone XS and my wife's Pixel 3 and it was slightly better than the two other devices consistently, while showing one less bar on the signal icon. I've read if I flashed to Verizon it would show 3 bars when the unlocked shows 2. Something about carriers making you feel warm, fuzzy and safe. lol

We are on the Fringe of signal where we live and it's never lost connection while on the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech