Greetings. I just updated my Note 9 to Pie, and on the Home screen or in apps, the text message notifications pop-up just shows the sender's icon, whereas it used to show a preview of the content across the top of the screen, along with options to Call, Mark as Read, or Reply. Anyone know how to revert back, if possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    02-09-2019 01:48 AM
    What do you use for your texting. I use Textra, in settings under notifications I have this option. Chances are your texting app has it also.
    02-09-2019 08:48 AM
    trucksmoveamerica#AC:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm using the stock Samsung messaging app. The two accompanying pictures show (highlighted in orange at the tops) the banner pop-up on my wife's Note 8, and the bubble pop-up on my 9. I used to have the banner style until I updated to Pie. Both operating systems call them pop-ups, but they are obviously different. The funny thing is that there is an option to show a message preview, and it's turned on, but I see the banner only in lock screen. I used to get them at the top, regardless of what app I was in.
    Attached Thumbnails Pie notification previews missing-20190209_101519.jpg   Pie notification previews missing-20190209_101554.jpg  
    02-09-2019 01:19 PM
    trucksmoveamerica#AC:

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I'm using the stock Samsung messaging app. The two accompanying pictures show (highlighted in orange at the tops) the banner pop-up on my wife's Note 8, and the bubble pop-up on my 9. I used to have the banner style until I updated to Pie. Both operating systems call them pop-ups, but they are obviously different. The funny thing is that there is an option to show a message preview, and it's turned on, but I see the banner only in lock screen. I used to get them at the top, regardless of what app I was in.
    You may have the Smart Pop-up view enabled - Go to Settings, Advanced Features, Smart pop-up view and disable it for Messages.
    kevinpleasants likes this.
    02-09-2019 03:53 PM
    THAT WAS IT! THANK THANK YOU YOU!

It doesn't explain the difference between the two options, so I couldn't figure it out.
    justafew likes this.
    02-09-2019 09:41 PM