Best music app that works well with note 9

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just as the title says I'd like to know what music app you guys thinks works well with this phone. I've been using Power Amp forever, but for some reason since my S8 I've been having issues with the sound not being loud enough. I used to could set the app to where I could turn the volume up on my Bluetooth head set and the phone separately, but since power Amp updated their app I can still set it up that way, but the volume seems lower. At one point I could set the phone volume to 50% and could turn my Bluetooth up and make it loud without blowing out my eardrum. The Samsung app has been working, but it screws up my album art. I had a really good volume booster on my S8 but the app doesnt work on my note 9 yet. So any suggestions would be appreciated.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I've bought poweramp ages ago when I was still on the OG Galaxy S, but since the S7Edge, the stock Samsung app has been fine for me. Plus the recent updates with Samsung starting to integrate Spotify into the Samsung Music app, I find it going in a good direction.

adegbenroagoro

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree with what you said about album art and and Samsung Music. Though I'm still with it for other reasons. Prior to my Note 9 I used Dub Music Player and really liked it. It had great album art.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
PlayerPro. Been using for years and works great with the Note 9 and Bluetooth headphones i got with the Note

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I've bought poweramp ages ago when I was still on the OG Galaxy S, but since the S7Edge, the stock Samsung app has been fine for me. Plus the recent updates with Samsung starting to integrate Spotify into the Samsung Music app, I find it going in a good direction.
The stock Samsung app works great for me.
I use the Samsung Music App. works perfect for what I need it for
The Samsung app does work great as far as the loudness and the big thing for me with the Samsung music is that there's an option to have all my songs play at the same level , but it messes up my album art. I know it's a small thing, but that really bugs me. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to try the two suggestions and if they don't do what I want then I'll stick with Samsung music. I'll just have to get over that album art situation. Lol

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I did and it made my music sound like they were staticy ( I know that's not a word lol)
Weird. I've dealt with distortion before, but not since my old Optimus G. I only have the Preamp turned up a little though, you may be dealing with another issue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190210-102535_Poweramp.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190210-102535_Poweramp.jpeg
    34.4 KB · Views: 57

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I tried it how you have it set and I'm getting the same.
I'm digging through the setting to see if anything jumps out but sadly, I just don't know enough, apart from equalizer stuff. At least you still have an option in Samsung music, sans album art.

Maybe email the developer?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm digging through the setting to see if anything jumps out but sadly, I just don't know enough, apart from equalizer stuff. At least you still have an option in Samsung music, sans album art.

Maybe email the developer?
Naw it's not that serious to email the developer. Like you said I have another option. I'll just probably have to suck it up and deal with it. Thanks for your help though.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Naw it's not that serious to email the developer. Like you said I have another option. I'll just probably have to suck it up and deal with it. Thanks for your help though.
The only reason I thought about emailing the developer is because I haven't heard of this issue. Maybe something to do with the update?

Last edited:

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I use rocket player. Great devs, fast updates if there is a problem, easy to make playlists and has ratings/playlist backup. lots of customization, Chromecast support. allows integration with iTunes. and has a decent equalizer.
the Samsung app is just ok. doesn't allow over 1,000 songs on a playlist and won't read my m3u files.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Play mostly and only use the skins settings available on the phone and I am pleased with the results.
In the past, one of my main reasons for rooting was to be able to install Dolby Atmos. The Note 9 has it built in. While it may not be as powerful as the DA apps I used to use, there is less distortion.

Attachments

• 7710.jpg
    7710.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 44

hooligan03

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
if your an audiophile, try out 3D Surround player. this app is just amazing with the sound it produces. Power amp is another great one. I've tried numerous music apps but 3D Surround is simply amazing...

I've been switching from mp3 to flac format for a lossless format.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
if your an audiophile, try out 3D Surround player. this app is just amazing with the sound it produces. Power amp is another great one. I've tried numerous music apps but 3D Surround is simply amazing...

I've been switching from mp3 to flac format for a lossless format.

Would I have to play all music through this app or can I control since output from other apps, say Google Play Music?
How would I get Google Play Music to play through this app?
There is not even an explination on the Play Store's app page.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton