When is TMobile getting pie ??

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thats what I'm saying, everyone should just update via Odin now instead of waiting unless theres something extra baked in for the T-Mobile update.

I dont think so , even if there were it would change the build number which would show as a update

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
See bottom tmb/tmb/tmb
I used the Att file to sd card
Everything loads up tmobile splash screen

I see no reason to wait

I think I read somewhere there was an issues with the RCS messaging and I am unfortunately one of the ones with the compass issue. Do you think this will be fixed in a future update or will the Pie update fix this? If so then I guess that's the only reason to wait for the official OTA.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I read somewhere there was an issues with the RCS messaging and I am unfortunately one of the ones with the compass issue. Do you think this will be fixed in a future update or will the Pie update fix this? If so then I guess that's the only reason to wait for the official OTA.

I'm on tmobile with pie and my compass is working...I'm sure people with the issue will see updates to fix it eventually. If tmobile changes the build number we should get a update to that but only way to know what tmobile fixed is waiting for them to drop it .

Waqas Iqbal

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I flashed over to tmobile Arl1 did the sd card to pie , everything works
Can you please link the files you downloaded and the method. I'm tired of waiting for pie. I have SM-N960U1 with N960U1UEU1ARL1. Also, is there any carrier bloat from this method? I'm on t-mobile network.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can you please link the files you downloaded and the method. I'm tired of waiting for pie. I have SM-N960U1 with N960U1UEU1ARL1. Also, is there any carrier bloat from this method? I'm on t-mobile network.

You'll get a few tmobile bloat
You need to flash through Odin the AKL1 files which are available in xda forums get the tmobile AKL1 file which is carrier and use Odin 3.13.1 prince comsey

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, they have suspended the update: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-37179 .

TMo presumably suspended the update because it has serious problems, such as the ones users have been reporting. That does not motivate me to try to install it on my own. I hope it works well for you, though.

Yup same here. No motivation right now. Just waiting for as much fixes as possible. I know it won't be 100%

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
pretty much h what I've learned from beta and when users started getting official pie
Samsung took some features out but put them back in later builds , So like Europe is on the 2nd pie build already officially

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes, t-mobile but S9. Was just saying the suspension of the update for the S9 was only 12 hours so must not have been anything big they found.

Oh ok. Still waiting for Note 9 pie like every else. I hope TMO fixes as much as possible before release.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Out of curiosity when you are about to place a phone call right after you hit the send button does your screen flicker like a strobe light before it actually picks up the call?

No didn't notice anything like that on tmobile with pie or Att on pie

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
No didn't notice anything like that on tmobile with pie or Att on pie

I just did a screen record to capture the flickering, check it out maybe a bug? Also oddly enough I noticed you don't actually see what it really looks like unless you download this video you only see a minor flicker in the preview on Dropbox it looks much worse if you actually download the video screen capture. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ncmrdoy23rybj1d/2019_02_14_16_08_39_trim.mp4?dl=0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance