When is TMobile getting pie ??

SloProjekt

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
For those of you that updated through SD and are on T-mobile, I'm wondering if you won't receive the update OTA because it senses you already have a version of Pie? Technically, you guys have a custom firmware on there that it may not recognize the need to update. Things like this happen in other electronics, once you side load, you're kind of on your own unless you flash back to an official firmware. I could be wrong?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
For those of you that updated through SD and are on T-mobile, I'm wondering if you won't receive the update OTA because it senses you already have a version of Pie? Technically, you guys have a custom firmware on there that it may not recognize the need to update. Things like this happen in other electronics, once you side load, you're kind of on your own unless you flash back to an official firmware. I could be wrong?

They didn't sideload a beta or unofficial firmware , it's just TMobile was to late in the game to not release with February security . The Sprint and ATT version are still on the CSSA when it becomes available they can get updated

Last edited:

SloProjekt

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
They didn't sideload a beta or unofficial firmware , it's just TMobile was to late in the game to not release with February security . The Sprint and ATT version are still on the CSSA when it becomes available they can get updated

Okay, not sure what CSSA means. But if its an unofficial version not linked to something T-Mobile has put out, what makes you think T-mobiles update system would be able to update from it?

That would be like me putting custom navigation system in my car and expecting Toyota to send updates to it.

Has anyone who has done this actually received the update OTA? My whole family on Tmobile who have the Note 9 were able to push the update just fine over the weekend.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, not sure what CSSA means. But if its an unofficial version not linked to something T-Mobile has put out, what makes you think T-mobiles update system would be able to update from it?

That would be like me putting custom navigation system in my car and expecting Toyota to send updates to it.

Has anyone who has done this actually received the update OTA? My whole family on Tmobile who have the Note 9 were able to push the update just fine over the weekend.

CSAA is the first pie officially released sprint and Att are on it , tmobile updated their to CSB3 because they added February security patch , I'm not sure if tmobile firmware can update from CSAA to the newer build but definitely can from ARL1. The ones that sideload CSAA will be able to update to CSB3 once Att and sprint do.
CSAA is January pie
CSB3 is feburary pie
Hope that clears it up for you .

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
CSAA is the first pie officially released sprint and Att are on it , tmobile updated their to CSB3 because they added February security patch , I'm not sure if tmobile firmware can update from CSAA to the newer build but definitely can from ARL1. The ones that sideload CSAA will be able to update to CSB3 once Att and sprint do.
CSAA is January pie
CSB3 is feburary pie
Hope that clears it up for you .

Hey buddy I have a question. How come when I go on the T-Mobile updates website it says the ARL1 version prior to Pie is N960USQU1ARL1 but when I go into Settings/About phone/software info it says my device is N960U1UEU1ARL1? Isn't the N960U the unlocked version and N960U1 is the carrier locked? If so why does the website show as if their last release prior to Pie is for the unlocked version? Or am I backwards?

Attachments

• 9596.jpg
    9596.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 11

anon(10509503)

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Hey buddy I have a question. How come when I go on the T-Mobile updates website it says the ARL1 version prior to Pie is N960USQU1ARL1 but when I go into Settings/About phone/software info it says my device is N960U1UEU1ARL1? Isn't the N960U the unlocked version and N960U1 is the carrier locked? If so why does the website show as if their last release prior to Pie is for the unlocked version? Or am I backwards?

Attachments

• 9595.jpg
    9595.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 12

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Your on the unlocked version u1 is unlocked

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Will there be any issues with flashing from this Unlocked ARL1 to the T-Mobile locked ARL1? Jeez I feel like I'm getting too old for this sorta stuff haha.

No not at all..remember 3.13.1 prince comsey

You do it enough your going be a professional😂😂

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie