I'm new to USB-C and coming off years of a very solid lightning port this is a little frustrating.

My USB-C port has been wobbly for some time but lately it's been acting up to where it will drop from fast charge to slow charge or no charge. I have to giggle it to get it to fast charge again. Also the port hangs a little low (has wiggle).

I baby my phones so this isn't an abuse issue, is it a USB-C issue? Or did I get some sketchy hardware? How solid are your ports?
    02-11-2019 08:16 PM
    my port on the note 9 is solid and has given no issue. I have run across a few cheap cables that won't fit tight and could cause issue. On my S8 a year or so ago I had an issue with my port and found had something that was stuck in it, so just blew it with some compressed air and solved the issue. I would say try a different cable or check to see if there is any damage to the one you are using.
    02-11-2019 09:27 PM
    Could be a ton of dirt in the port so the cable don't attach properly
    02-12-2019 03:20 PM
    I'm new to USB-C and coming off years of a very solid lightning port this is a little frustrating.

My USB-C port has been wobbly for some time but lately it's been acting up to where it will drop from fast charge to slow charge or no charge. I have to giggle it to get it to fast charge again. Also the port hangs a little low (has wiggle).

I baby my phones so this isn't an abuse issue, is it a USB-C issue? Or did I get some sketchy hardware? How solid are your ports?
    Do have another cable to try see how the fit is ?
    02-12-2019 05:06 PM
    I do and it's just as loose, well it hangs the same. Been using wireless charging more often, to not make it any worse.
    02-12-2019 05:17 PM
    I do and it's just as loose, well it hangs the same. Been using wireless charging more often, to not make it any worse.
    Maybe give Samsung a call see if they will repair or replace the device.
    02-12-2019 05:21 PM
    I have the warranty from Verizon. They are replacing it but with a refurbished one...not so thrilled about that.
    02-15-2019 12:20 AM
    I have the warranty from Verizon. They are replacing it but with a refurbished one...not so thrilled about that.
    I've done many warranty replacements and refurbished units look brand new you can't even tell. You'll be good.
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    02-15-2019 09:40 AM
    Thanks, that makes me feel better, it's definitely more psychological. Getting it today....
    thecomicbookandme likes this.
    02-15-2019 09:42 AM
    I've done many warranty replacements and refurbished units look brand new you can't even tell. You'll be good.
    I agree..
    02-15-2019 09:58 AM
    Yeah refurb basically means that software have been reflashed on a returned phone that is otherwise perfect
    02-15-2019 02:59 PM
    Yeah refurb basically means that software have been reflashed on a returned phone that is otherwise perfect
    Often that is true but many have had physical repairs to get them to near new.
    02-15-2019 03:12 PM