• Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have Verizon note9 and would like to know when they plan on updating to pie9

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Only their developers know. (And if one of them gave you an expected date, he'd be an ex-developer."

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I picture one dude sitting at a computer reading all these forums laughing cause all he has to do is hit enter and the update goes live. 😂 If most of us already updated to one UI with the sd card trick how hard can it really be Verizon. I bet Samsung gave them the update months ago lol

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I picture one dude sitting at a computer reading all these forums laughing cause all he has to do is hit enter and the update goes live. 😂 If most of us already updated to one UI with the sd card trick how hard can it really be Verizon. I bet Samsung gave them the update months ago lol

The problem is yes Verizon is late but they doing testing with the pie build see how well it runs on their network which Samsung can't do but only supply the base firmware and let carriers test them out if any issues rise.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
The delays drive me crazy with Samsung phones and particular Verizon, but I keep forcing myself to stick with this phone as I'll surely regret switching due to software updates. But convincing myself to stick with it is becoming substantially harder.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll surely regret switching due to software updates.
I used to be a confirmed Samsung user (since the days that they first put a camera in a cellphone), but updates? Get a Pixel 3 (or Pixel 3XL). You can pretty much set your calendar by the availability of the updates (the first Monday of the month). And that's for 3 years, not 2. (The fact that they have the best camera in the industry doesn't hurt either.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox