App starting volume too high

Brandon91man

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
I have the Galaxy note 9. I couldn't find that in the drop box menu.
So...
Often if I open a game, I have to turn the volume down because the app starts at maximum volume.
It seems to only happen once a day or after I close all my apps.
Is there a way to prevent this?

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It seems multimedia volume stays at the level last used.
Do you have it maxed while listening to tunes in your car by chance?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
So is it just game apps, just this one app, all apps? Personally I play all games with the volume off, I just don't need the goofy music or in app dialog that often doesn't provide help anyway. That's just me though. I'm assuming that you've tested turning the volume down before starting the app, or even checking the volume level to be certain that it is the app that is increasing the volume? Not a case of you watching videos or being in other apps where you've increased the volume and then later opening the problem app to find it at full volume. If it is one app I would probably contact the Dev of the app and put it in as a bug. If it's multiple apps, or all of your apps, just whichever one you open first, I would check your Accessibility settings and be sure you haven't accidentally turned on Hearing Impairment.

Brandon91man

Feb 14, 2019
Visit site
I haven't done extensive checks like you described but I will. I recently switched over from a long time user of iPhone to Samsung so I'm still trying to feel my way around and learn.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As pizza_pablo said, media volume should stay where it was the last time you set it, so if you had it turned up for something soft, then ran the game, it would still be turned up. Get used to, when you[re running something with the volume way up, turning it down before closing that app.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done extensive checks like you described but I will. I recently switched over from a long time user of iPhone to Samsung so I'm still trying to feel my way around and learn.

So, the iPhone knows what volume you want for different apps and adjusts it automatically?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463