Who else thinks it's little on the flimsy side ?, I noticed this because Im always swapping between carriers or SD cards
    02-17-2019 03:26 PM
    Who else thinks it's little on the flimsy side ?, I noticed this because Im always swapping between carriers or SD cards
    I haven't touched my SIM card tray since I got the device but one thing I think is flimsy/cheap is the S-Pen. Some people say the upper portion snaps off easily. I haven't had the snapping off issue yet but I purchased a Black replacement pen from Samsung.com and mine is bent at the upper part.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-17-2019 03:38 PM
    I haven't touched my SIM card tray since I got the device but one thing I think is flimsy/cheap is the S-Pen. Some people say the upper portion snaps off easily. I haven't had the snapping off issue yet but I purchased a Black replacement pen from Samsung.com and mine is bent at the upper part.
    Yeah I agree could be more sturdier the spen, but could also be we have strong grip
    02-17-2019 03:41 PM
    I've never seen a SIM card tray that was rugged - from any manufacturer. They're not really designed for constant swapping. (That's what dual-SIM phones are for. )
    Bosbouer and Tim1954 like this.
    02-17-2019 03:52 PM
    I've never seen a SIM card tray that was rugged - from any manufacturer. They're not really designed for constant swapping. (That's what dual-SIM phones are for. )
    Well in my defense , I have the 1+6 device that has dual SIM card which already used up.
    But since it's harder for US to have a dual SIM card Note 9 taking just SD card in and out because it's part of the sim tray . But years past phones came with metal tray not this plastic they using now.
    OJsakila likes this.
    02-17-2019 04:01 PM
    That tray is way too fragile. Once the sim card is in I almost never take it out . Putting it back in(for me) is tougher than getting a bone from a starving dog. What's annoying is that it won't cost Samsung an arm and a leg to improve the sturdiness of the tray
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-17-2019 04:18 PM
    That tray is way too fragile. Once the sim card is in I almost never take it out . Putting it back in(for me) is tougher than getting a bone from a starving dog. What's annoying is that it won't cost Samsung an arm and a leg to improve the sturdiness of the tray
    I agree, I'm so slow and careful to put it in and out , sometimes first try goes half way and I pull it back out make sure sim and SD card fully seated in the tray .
    02-17-2019 04:21 PM
    Seems sturdy enough for me. I swap out a lot too. The iPhone XS Max probably has the most sturdy of them all. Machined as one solid piece of aluminum.
    02-17-2019 04:36 PM
    Yeah it's really flimsy. I broke the tray on my s8 always taking the SD card in and out.
    02-18-2019 03:01 AM
    I'm probably the type of person Samsung was thinking of when they skimped on the card. Never pulling it out again until I get a new phone a couple of years later. So whether or not it's flimsy won't matter much.
    Anyway, if you're always pulling out the SD card, why not just get a reader?
    02-18-2019 03:49 AM
    Yeah I agree could be more sturdier the spen, but could also be we have strong grip
    Gosh, I have been so busy studying the past four-plus weeks since getting this phone, and spending so much time on the lovely watch, I haven't even touched my S pen.

I popped it out and it said something about taking pictures. I am anxious to see what that is all about.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-18-2019 10:51 PM
    Gosh, I have been so busy studying the past four-plus weeks since getting this phone, and spending so much time on the lovely watch, I haven't even touched my S pen.

I popped it out and it said something about taking pictures. I am anxious to see what that is all about.
    You can use like a selfie stick , definitely try it out plus navigate through web pages with and more .
    02-18-2019 11:02 PM
    I agree. I put a SD card in it and noticed it was like that.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 02:08 PM
    I agree. I put a SD card in it and noticed it was like that.
    I'm also careful with it , feels like something gonna snap..
    02-19-2019 02:11 PM
    It is a cheap flimsy POS.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 02:17 PM
    I'm also careful with it , feels like something gonna snap..
    Yeah. I probably won't touch it again if I can help it.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 02:28 PM
    Ive always been impressed with... Apple iPhone SIM trays. From 5s to 6s plus and now X, solid, reliable and excellent fit. Sammy, they are too flexible and cheap, not what I expected from top price and tier phone.

And it's also has to handle SDXC cards. Downright shoddy workmanship I tell you. I even keep a spare tray after damaging one. And yes having to be extra careful, gentle and ease and tease it in. Or have to reseat the Sim card in the tray again.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 05:45 PM
    Ive always been impressed with... Apple iPhone SIM trays. From 5s to 6s plus and now X, solid, reliable and excellent fit. Sammy, they are too flexible and cheap, not what I expected from top price and tier phone.

And it's also has to handle SDXC cards. Downright shoddy workmanship I tell you. I even keep a spare tray after damaging one. And yes having to be extra careful, gentle and ease and tease it in. Or have to reseat the Sim card in the tray again.
    I agree..
    02-19-2019 05:46 PM
    Whenever I have to take my SIM card out of my phone to test a phone at work to see if it's unlocked and will work with T-Mobile and At&t (my service) I am always so careful because I am afraid of breaking the SIM tray - it is so fragile!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 09:52 PM
    Whenever I have to take my SIM card out of my phone to test a phone at work to see if it's unlocked and will work with T-Mobile and At&t (my service) I am always so careful because I am afraid of breaking the SIM tray - it is so fragile!
    I know , I'm extra careful.
    02-19-2019 09:56 PM
    Thank you - hell yes - I've been thinking of this for the longest while - waiting for them to make a tray out of strong metal like on the iPhone. Considering that this thing holds both the SIM card and MicroSD, I would appreciate the SIM tray to be more sturdy. Now, you actually have to press the SIM card and MicroSD card into place so it's flush with the tray so there is a little more stress than before where it was mostly you just lay the cards on the tray. Anyway, I had one of these break on me (GS6) and that wasn't even the large tray since there is no MicroSD support for that one. It's really cheap plastic.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    02-19-2019 10:11 PM
    Thank you - hell yes - I've been thinking of this for the longest while - waiting for them to make a tray out of strong metal like on the iPhone. Considering that this thing holds both the SIM card and MicroSD, I would appreciate the SIM tray to be more sturdy. Now, you actually have to press the SIM card and MicroSD card into place so it's flush with the tray so there is a little more stress than before where it was mostly you just lay the cards on the tray. Anyway, I had one of these break on me (GS6) and that wasn't even the large tray since there is no MicroSD support for that one. It's really cheap plastic.
    Exactly you have to snap them in flush hoping nothing breaks while slowly lowering it into the slot, just incase it's not flush it doesn't get jammed ,I never get it on the first try by the way.
    02-19-2019 10:23 PM