New Leak on S10 vs Plus

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I like it !
Did you see the video with the tempered glass screen protector with the big hole in the middle for the fingerprint sensor? That I don't like.

Better start saving my pennies for the Note 10.

rsmin

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I like it !
Did you see the video with the tempered glass screen protector with the big hole in the middle for the fingerprint sensor? That I don't like.

Better start saving my pennies for the Note 10.
Yep, I understand the in-screen finger print reader won't work with screen protectors, thus the need for a hole in the screen protector. I am holding on to my note 9 anyway but the hole in the screen protector is ridiculous.

jlangner

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
Yep, I understand the in-screen finger print reader won't work with screen protectors, thus the need for a hole in the screen protector. I am holding on to my note 9 anyway but the hole in the screen protector is ridiculous.

The whitestone Dome will not have a hole in protector. It is supposedly only one that works.

[URL="https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.shareasale.com%2Fr.cfm%3Fb%3D1379440%26m%3D89801%26U%3D885495%26afftrack%3DUUacUvbUpU6468638%26urllink%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.whitestonedome.com%252F%2522&token=YIGJ7XRC]https://www.whitestonedome.com/[/URL]

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Personally I don't see the big thing why needing it under the screen. The finger print sensor on the back of the Note works just fine for me.

Better off waiting for the Note 10. Like with the s9 Plus I wanted it badly but decided to stick with the Note 8. I was glad I waited for the Note 9 instead.

Of course if I had a couple million then I'd buy the s10 plus then the Note 10 but I don't.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
It's not a big thing, but I prefer it on the front for a number of reasons. It's not uncommon for my phone to be sitting face up on my desk, or in a cradle. Unlocking from front is just more convenient for me. You probably don't use your phone that way too often.
Personally I don't see the big thing why needing it under the screen. The finger print sensor on the back of the Note works just fine for me.

Better off waiting for the Note 10. Like with the s9 Plus I wanted it badly but decided to stick with the Note 8. I was glad I waited for the Note 9 instead.

Of course if I had a couple million then I'd buy the s10 plus then the Note 10 but I don't.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It's not a big thing, but I prefer it on the front for a number of reasons. It's not uncommon for my phone to be sitting face up on my desk, or in a cradle. Unlocking from front is just more convenient for me. You probably don't use your phone that way too often.

However, if it adds to the cost of the device and screen replacement then I'd just rather have it on the back or have a physical finger print scanner on the front like the Note 7.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
However, if it adds to the cost of the device and screen replacement then I'd just rather have it on the back or have a physical finger print scanner on the front like the Note 7.

Of course, it will definitely add to the cost of a screen replacement. I can see it costing upwards of $250-300.

LilSweetLin

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
Depends on whether it's attached to the display or a separate component. This is one of the few ultrasonic ones, so who knows.

I'm assuming that at least some pressure would need to be applied when registering a print, so the best case scenario in terms of screen replacement would be for it to be a separate component. My concern would be how much of an affect the ultrasonic sensor will have on battery life, both in standby mode and when in use, since people unlock their phones often throughout the day. From what I've seen so far, having the optical sensors enabled kills a battery faster.

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not saying what kind, just that I prefer it on the front. I loved my Note 7. As far as the Ultrasonic, I'm waiting to see how that all plays out. Screen protectors, Replacement screens, accuracy in different conditions - it's just too new for me to make a judgements on it. We'll see soon enough though.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
WhiteStone is the only one claiming it works with the upcoming models.
Oh lawd. Since my first Note , a Note 3 , I've never looked at the S line series. Hopefully Samsung doesnt discontinue the note series . Then again it'll probably have similar screen "features" if and when a note 10 or X comes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2