Should I dump the Note 9 for the S10 plus?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Can you return it?
Ugh real funny Samsung. They just sent me an email that my cancel request has been denied for my Note 9 order. Said it already left their shipping warehouse. Then why did it have a cancel button on it!! Ugh. :(

Oh well, guess I am keeping the N9 till the N10 is out.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Go look at an S6 Edge or S6 Edge Plus. The edges are similar, look steeper and sharper. Not as subtle as the Note.
I think I get what you mean. I actually liked those designs (and the S8's) more than any of the 9 generation, so I will probably like the new one as well.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
If you are a sucker who doesnt care about mindlessly wasting money then sure get the S10.

People like that are the reason why manufacturers get away with increased pricing every year.
They know there are addicts out there who feel like they have to have the newest latest and greatest at any cost.

How about asking yourself "Does the Note 9 not do something I need it to?"

Some of us have things like jump on demand on TMobile, where the costs really aren't that great so its not a big deal to switch when the next big thing comes out.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
If there were going to be no Note 10 we would know already from Samsung as they would use that to encourage/boost sales of S10
Also, they have WAY to much invested in the s-pen and tech that it would make zero sense to discontinue it

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If there were going to be no Note 10 we would know already from Samsung as they would use that to encourage/boost sales of S10
Also, they have WAY to much invested in the s-pen and tech that it would make zero sense to discontinue it

But don't they have a lot invested in the iris scanner tech that they just ditched? That kind of weakens the phone's security for me, since I would be using it to compliment the unfortunate decision to put the fingerprint scanner back on the front screen.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site

if by the end of April we don't start getting the usual leaks and rumors then I'd be worried no Note 10.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Does it come with 3d face unlock as secure as the iPhone X ?
Also, not sure why the lens area is not color coded. Instead they are all black, a bit like the note 8 was.

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't know where all these rumors of no Note 10 came. I thought Samsung shut those rumors down and confirmed there will indeed be a Note coming this year. I'm not worried.

note1note9

Sep 14, 2018
Visit site
watching the Samsung unpacked event really tempted me to get an s10, especially with the ceramic colours just looks so sleek! and I'm not particularly bothered with their new notch as well!

only reason stopping me from making the switch is I havent paid off my note 9:(

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I'm still in love with the power, performance, and beauty of my Note 9. As exciting as the S10 looks, all it does is make me look forward to what Samsung will bring to the table with the more appealing Note 10. #notgivingupmySpen haha

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
Yes I'm a consider and buy the note 10. I really think SAMSUNG going parlay on their phones this year and the note 10 will be the grand finale for 2019

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm really torn. I'm in my third year of owning my Nexus 6P, and I'm just bored by it at this point, even though it runs adequately. I'm a basic user, in that I don't game, run benchmarks, or take anything other than the occasional point-and-shoot. So, it's just talk, text, music streaming, YouTube, and browsing the web and Reddit/forums. I've never owned a Note, so I don't know what it's like to miss the S-Pen, but I feel like you get the most bang for your buck with the Note; and it's better to have the pen and not need it, than to wish you had it when you don't.

Having said that, the prospect of the SD 855 and the in display fingerprint sensor have me intrigued. But with my use, I guess I wouldn't be able to tell the difference in processor speed. I wonder how much battery the fingerprint sensor eats up throughout the day? Whatever I get, I'm sticking with for a long time, so... yeah, first world problems.

Go with the S10 or S9 if you really want to save some money.

I bought the Note 9 last fall & while it has been flawless for the most part. I have zero use for the S pen. My phones are usually in a case, so getting the pen out takes that extra second where I can just type whatever is needed. I also write left handed, so there is that too. Maybe I will find a use one day...
The biggest plus for the N9 back in Oct for me were the screen, battery, storage.

The only hesitation (& am probably in the minority on this) is have read Samsung removed the notification light on the S10 series. Have yet to read/watch all of the reviews & have been out of town all week. But with Samsung phones, that notification light in various colors has always been something I liked/used. Hoping it is still there.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I was going for the S10+ and did order it but had to cancel because they put my order on hold because of only one trade-in order per household... This made it easier for me to wait for Note 10. I was already 50/50 on it, but the $550 trade in made it a sweet deal.