Should I dump the Note 9 for the S10 plus?

Auronda40

Sep 8, 2017
Visit site
Lol. .welcome to the club just dont give up the note lol ..your money but a suggestion keep the both then off load one of them when note 10 comes
Good idea. I learned my lesson the hard way. Never giving up my Note again. I will always have one until they quit making them lol. The Note is everything you could ever want. I just love it so much!

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Good idea. I learned my lesson the hard way. Never giving up my Note again. I will always have one until they quit making them lol. The Note is everything you could ever want. I just love it so much!

I feel the same way. I've tried many times with S-Penless phones and always went back to the Note.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I agree, its a special phone the Note Series .

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I want new phone and I want now!

What does the s10 plus do besides newer camera, 8gb ram and missing the notification light do that the Note 9 doesnt?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Even though you're getting 8gb of ram, you think it's a downgrade losing the spen?
I know the question wasn't directed at me so I apologize, but in my opinion the SPen is worth more than an extra 2 gigs of RAM that I don't feel a need for. My apps stay open just fine. That 2 gigs of RAM won't make the phone any faster.

J_appoll

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm gonna keep my note 9 after all

Today I walked into a Samsung store and played with the S10+. It is quite a great device,front camera is actually better IMHO(than in the note 9). However, I'm not a selfie person and note 9 is still a beast. I'll wait to see what note 10 brings,if there's nothing worth upgrading for, I'll keep my note 9.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: I'm gonna keep my note 9 after all

Today I walked into a Samsung store and played with the S10+. It is quite a great device,front camera is actually better IMHO(than in the note 9). However, I'm not a selfie person and note 9 is still a beast. I'll wait to see what note 10 brings,if there's nothing worth upgrading for, I'll keep my note 9.
I Peaked at an S10+ last night after doing a Door Dash delivery at Best Buy. Not a bad phone. I'm not itching to get it though at this point. I may check it out at a later date - maybe.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I look at Note and S as separate brands nearly, if no S-Pen then there's no comparison, if I had money to burn then yeah ok then just for fun and as a second phone maybe, there's Notes and then there's everything else....

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I know the question wasn't directed at me so I apologize, but in my opinion the SPen is worth more than an extra 2 gigs of RAM that I don't feel a need for. My apps stay open just fine. That 2 gigs of RAM won't make the phone any faster.

I agree. My N9 works just fine with 6gb of RAM

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I look at Note and S as separate brands nearly, if no S-Pen then there's no comparison, if I had money to burn then yeah ok then just for fun and as a second phone maybe, there's Notes and then there's everything else....

So you would say the S line with the better selfie cam is geared towards the masses more while the Note line is geared towards the hardcore users and business people?

My note came in handy again today. I use it at my cell phone case kiosk and wrote down what cases I need to bring in from home for tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to do that with the s10.

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the S10+ but I will never ditch my Note 9. I use to always upgrade between the two but always miss the Note way to much, so now I've just been using two phones. Been using an S9+ with my N9. Had a dusty Note 8 for trade in so why not 😁 I will only ditch my Note 9 for the Note 10

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
So you would say the S line with the better selfie cam is geared towards the masses more while the Note line is geared towards the hardcore users and business people?

I wouldn't say it's about masses vs hardcore, I'd say the Note is simply geared towards those that find the pen useful - hardcore or not. Someone can be a hardcore user without need or interest in the pen. However, for those who have managed to make good use of the pen, it's hard to give it up. I don't actually use the pen every day. Probably a few times a week though, and I would miss it for sure.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
While talking about the S10, I noticed the Samsung rugged case for the s10 is less rugged than the Note 9 one. The lips are a lot less on it and it seems more thin too around the lips. I wouldn't trust it on a short fall even.

j_hansen

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

My note came in handy again today. I use it at my cell phone case kiosk and wrote down what cases I need to bring in from home for tomorrow. I wouldn't be able to do that with the s10.

I would not mean it like that really, it's more that I'm so used to having the spen that I would feel a bit amputated if it wasn't there for when I want it and the S model never offer anything that makes me can't wait for the next Note instead, this time I even skipped the Note 9 (might still get one if a TO GOOD deal comes up) but it is not mega important really....
Note 8 I couldn't wait though :)

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't say it's about masses vs hardcore, I'd say the Note is simply geared towards those that find the pen useful - hardcore or not. Someone can be a hardcore user without need or interest in the pen. However, for those who have managed to make good use of the pen, it's hard to give it up. I don't actually use the pen every day. Probably a few times a week though, and I would miss it for sure.

I'd imagine it'd be hard to give up that pen, especially if you used it frequently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles