Can I change the Recents screen back to a list

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I moved to Pie and the recents is now previews that I have to scroll through. I had changed the recents to a list on Oreo. Is there an app or some secret method to get the recents list back?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I went back to Oreo on my Note 9. I loaded the unlocked firmware.

I'm about to do the same on my unlocked S9+.

Any reason?
I have went back to Oreo unlocked firmware few days back on my Note 9 and miss Pie. Now on tmobile Pie waiting unlocked Pie to drop

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Any reason?
I have went back to Oreo unlocked firmware few days back on my Note 9 and miss Pie. Now on tmobile Pie waiting unlocked Pie to drop

I went back to Oreo because I was only getting about half the download speeds on AT&T and T-Mobile that I was getting on Oreo.

I wasn't the only one to be having this problem either. I knew it wasn't a network problem because the speeds would double as soon as I put the sim card in my XS Max.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I went back to Oreo because I was only getting about half the download speeds on AT&T and T-Mobile that I was getting on Oreo.

I wasn't the only one to be having this problem either. I knew it wasn't a network problem because the speeds would double as soon as I put the sim card in my XS Max.

Interesting, I hant had any issues download speeds but I never checked with a app to see where it was at .
I went through Att Pie and Tmobile Pie

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Any reason?

I think that the issues for some of us are minor issues to others. The only feature that I would have to adjust to losing is gesture navigation.

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
For me it was , as all my devices are gestures and when I went to oreo unlocked firmware I found myself swiping those buttons lol

I would as well, but I still like the Oreo experience ui more.

There are a number of design elements that could have been left optional to compensate people who don't have an issue with the older design. An option to not have the Messages space be quite so big, for example.

Bixby Home is a mess
Bixby Voice Unlock is gone

But I have just learned to tolerate it. I will have to learn to tolerate the changes in the Note 10 that will be a nuisance for me,like the fingerprint sensor.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I would as well, but I still like the Oreo experience ui more.

There are a number of design elements that could have been left optional to compensate people who don't have an issue with the older design. An option to not have the Messages space be quite so big, for example.

Bixby Home is a mess
Bixby Voice Unlock is gone

But I have just learned to tolerate it. I will have to learn to tolerate the changes in the Note 10 that will be a nuisance for me,like the fingerprint sensor.

The only gripe so far on Pie would be the stock keyboard space don't go all the way to the bottom, fix split screen like it was on Oreo..