Edge Lighting

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is it me or does the edge Lighting feature work differently since the pie update? Like it works but it only works when you open certain apps up like Twitter, type mail, yahoo mail, and snap chat. It does not show up when you get notifications ( I don't even get regular notifications from the Twitter app but that's a different issue). Is there a setting that I'm missing to get it to work on all my apps? Works perfectly on Facebook, Gmail, and textra.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Is it me or does the edge Lighting feature work differently since the pie update? Like it works but it only works when you open certain apps up like Twitter, type mail, yahoo mail, and snap chat. It does not show up when you get notifications ( I don't even get regular notifications from the Twitter app but that's a different issue). Is there a setting that I'm missing to get it to work on all my apps? Works perfectly on Facebook, Gmail, and textra.
I think you may have to go in and turn the apps on?Screenshot_20190220-213235_Edge%20screen.jpeg

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
But those apps wouldn't come up on the Edge Lighting list of apps right? All the apps I'm having issues with are on the list and they worked on oreo.
All apps show up in the list but it's a matter of the app to support it. Maybe the one's that worked in Oreo need to release an update to fully support Pie and/or OneUI.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
So I got my Twitter to work. Apparently it was the battery optimization. Once I turned that off it started to give me my regular notifications and my edge lighting. Now I'm off to figure out what's going on with my other apps. Lol

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My Gmail works fine. In the settings make sure your notifications are set to sound and pop up. If that doesn't work check to see if the app is being optimized. If it is turn optimized off and see if that works. Same thing for Twitter. My issue with Twitter was the optimization setting. Once I turned that off my Twitter started working.

I forgot to quote but this response is for bluerobin.

Last edited:

bluerobin

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My Gmail works fine. In the settings make sure your notifications are set to sound and pop up. If that doesn't work check to see if the app is brokening optimized. If it is turn optimized off and see if that works. Same thing for Twitter. My issue with Twitter was the optimization setting. Once I turned that off my Twitter started working.

I forgot to quote but this response is for bluerobin.

Ok, did all those settings, we will see what happens. I had the twitter (although I use Tweetcaster) notification problems that had to work out earlier. That was not a fun adventure to figure out.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
OK so the edge Lighting works for type mail, Gmail, yahoo mail, Facebook, text message ( textra app) and Twitter ( tweetcaster).

I still haven't gotten it to work with Words with friends , SongPop, voicemail, or the phone app. Besides wwf working off and on I'm not getting the regular notifications or badges for these apps either. I've checked all my settings and I definitely don't want to do another factory reset to get the same outcome ( yikes).

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers